Thread: Motherboard connector for Cooler Master Haf x USB 3.0 front ports

Motherboard connector for Cooler Master Haf x USB 3.0 front ports

Right now I am looking for a proper connect in support of the front USB 3.0 ports on top of the Coole master haf-x case thus they may perhaps connect to the 1155 socket motherboards, and not simply the back 3.0 ports. Does anybody know where actually we can get the USB 3.0 connector on the motherboard? Is it the similar connector which we used for the USB 2.0?

Re: Motherboard connector for Cooler Master Haf x USB 3.0 front ports

I'm thinking of a modding like this:
    • Unsolder one of the two USB ports from 2.0 I / O card (that would be the candidate defined USB1)
    • With a paste of hot glue in place of the removed socket female plug a USB extension cable 3.0 to 1 meter in length which should be previously removed the plastic sheath that covers it.
    • Finally, the cable with the male connector run through houses and leaving one of the holes on the case Restro for liquid cooling would be to connect one of the two USB 3.0 sockets motherboard, a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R.
    • Certainly not a very elegant solution, but from technical point of view is feasible.

The alternative would be to buy a house already arranged with the front USB 3.0, but the cost would have risen by much. The only houses with front USB 3.0 sockets on the market today are the Lian-Li high-end home or staying in the Cooler Master HAF-X, which among other things (personal preference) I do not like aesthetically. To avoid having to release the cables from the back of a possible solution would be to install a PCI USB 3.0 card, but apart from the cost, as he tried on the web but never found one that has a USB 3.0 standard female domestic but only two outside.

It seems to me that motherboard doesn't have USB headers (and the HAF X simply comes through normal USB 3.0 cables, essentially extension cables). You simply route the cables away the rear of the case (while I put one of these up, I presently ran it all the way through the water cooling holes) and connect them in to the rear USB 3.0 ports. It fundamentally simply moves them toward the front. If your motherboard had the USB 3.0 headers (seems the 2.0 ones, except better), you might find a substitute front panel from Cooler Master that utilizes those rather than the cable extensions.

The USB 3.0 upgrade is Cooler Master's the easy route and equips the newcomer with a special 5.25-inch aperture, in which there is a board with two USB 3.0 ports. This has a corresponding pin header connector on the motherboard, so it is not so widely used and often criticized on the solution to implement USB 3.0 over the external ports on the back panel of the motherboard. The usual connections on the overhead I / O panel, however, remain with the HAF 932 Advanced untouched and thus continue to offer four USB 2.0, eSATA again, once the standard FireWire and audio jacks.

HAF X is the foremost obtainable full tower bodywork through USB 3.0 support. At present the NEC controllers on top of USB 3.0 motherboards do not hold up a consistent header. To make use of the USB 3.0 ports, route the extension cables from I/O at the back of motherboard and all the way through the back hole within the motherboard dish. You can afterward make use of one of the 3 rubber water cooling ports on the back of the case to get together the USB 3.0 port on the motherboard. As soon as a better solution is released with a standard USB 3.0 motherboard header on top of chip, Cooler Master will offer the inner header USB 3.0 cables like a free fraction exchange.

Yes, only work on the HAF X unfortunately. These long cables to the rear panel to the back and once the cables to the HDD. Have 2 HDDs and no USB3 on it goes. The front USB ports MUST be connected internally to the motherboard. Otherwise, functionless in HDDs. sell something like impertinence. Have now such a panel with two extra USB3 ports that it was the motherboard. These are infected internally to the motherboard and also work.