Thread: Cannot read CDs in LiteOn DVD DL SATA burner

Cannot read CDs in LiteOn DVD DL SATA burner

I am using LiteOn DVD DL SATA burner in my computer and it was working properly in my computer. From last one month I have not used my LiteOn DVD DL SATA burner as I was having external DVD ROM of my friend. Now I have given that external DVD ROM to friend and now when I try to run any CDs in my LiteOn DVD DL SATA burner at that time it won’t read CDs. Now please tell me what I should do to make my LiteOn DVD DL SATA burner work again properly.

Re: Cannot read CDs in LiteOn DVD DL SATA burner

Well after going through your above post I would like to tell you that first of all you should check that whether you are facing this issue with any specific disk or you are getting this problem with all the disk which you are trying to run. If you get this problem with any specific disk and other disk is working fine then there is nothing wrong with your LiteOn DVD DL SATA burner and if you get same problem with different disk also then I think there might be something wrong with your LiteOn DVD DL SATA burner.

Try to solve this issue by running the Lens cleaning disc in to your LiteOn DVD DL SATA burner and after cleaning the lens try to use any disk in your ROM. I was also having the similar problem and after that I have solved this issue by doing this solution and that is why I am suggesting you this solution. After cleaning the lens of your LiteOn DVD DL SATA burner you will be able to use CDs In your LiteOn DVD DL SATA burner.

If you are still having the problem with your LiteOn DVD DL SATA burner even after trying above tricks then I think you should first try to solve this issue by removing the LiteOn DVD DL SATA burner from your computer and after connecting it again with your computer. Now after connecting it you have to restart the computer and thencheck whether your LiteOn DVD DL SATA burner is listed in device manger or not. After checking this insert any CD in your LiteOn DVD DL SATA burner and it will read the CD now. I hope this information will help you to get rid of this issue.

After running the Lens cleaning disc in my LiteOn DVD DL SATA burner when I have insert Cd in my LiteOn DVD DL SATA burner at that time also my LiteOn DVD DL SATA burner was not able to read CDs. Now after that I have disconnect my LiteOn DVD DL SATA burner and after that I have connect it again in my computer and then I have install the driver also but now after reconnecting the LiteOn DVD DL SATA burner with my computer I am not able to see CD ROM drive in my computer. Please tell me what went wrong.

You can get back your CD ROM drive by doing these steps. First you have to type regedit in your start menu search box and after that you will see the registry editor window and after that you have to locate registry key according to this HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and after that you have to delete UpperFilters from right pane and after that you have to restart the computer and then check whether your CD ROM came back or not. I hope this trick will work for you.

Weill I have done necessary changes in my registry editor and after that I have restart the system. Now after restarting the system when I have open my computer at that time It was showing my CD ROM. Now after that I have insert the CD but it is still not reading any CD in my computer. now please tell me what should I do to make my CD ROM work properly.