Thread: Which RAID/SATA configuration should I do for my two hard disk

Which RAID/SATA configuration should I do for my two hard disk

I'm appealing known with computers, but I in fact discern nothing about HDD. Let me elucidate my situation: I have two hard drives, and do not recognize what configuration would be finest for me. A hard disk of 150 GB, 10000 RPM, and the other is 1 TB, 7200 RPM. I haven't setup the 1TB one yet. I outline it would be greatest to put my OS (XP), and all applications on the quicker but smaller drive, while locating all music/the lot else on my big drive. Besides, is my thoughts right, or? Also, should I use RAID 0 or something? I know nothing about this stuff.

Re: Which RAID/SATA configuration should I do for my two hard disk

In my view do not use a RAID configuration. The only reason to partition 1 TB. It involves putting an OS on it. Use directories to systematize data. No partitions. It makes no intellect to backing data on the physical HDD. Use a HDD for different backups. Your 150gig could be the same as my SSD, my main OS. I manually backing data to X; Y and Z pick up or create it. All my data on my data partition (s) of data is not in my operating system. My system backup partition operation is installed and updated all fresh and ready to go.

It's up to you to raid or not. But there's slight to no enlarge in performance. I do contain raid 0 with 2 x 74 GB Raptors largely for gaming. It's about 5 or more seconds quicker in loading my games but not much. I just did it for I desired additional space for os and all my games and to strive it. It's very awful in provisos of performance-to-cost ratio I tell you but it's a petite rapid on loading my games nevertheless. For you, don't even; just utilize one for os and game and the extra for backups.

In my opinion, 1TB disk performance is better between 150GB. The operating system and application software must be setup in the 150 GB; you get a slightly better optimize in general. I constantly prefer to setup the OS partition separate from the apps mainly due to the OS partition is much faster than the portion of the application partition. Therefore, if the OS partition is much smaller than 150 GB can say that defragmentation faster results and above all do well.

I would say the whole thing is moved to the 1 TB drives, since most disk cache is exactly why I'm saying that everything moves in it. You owe more to the OS partition (i.e., if Windows XP or higher operating system). This must be at least 40 GB. And for better performance, the most frequent application programs such as Office, Corel, iTunes, etc., must be on another drive after the OS.