Thread: How to setup SATA6g interface

How to setup SATA6g interface

Just came from a customer's, with a new computer with a regular SATA3g interface/connectors and a SATA6g interface. We were setting things up, with 2 1tb drives on the SATA6g interface, and after running the latest TIHome to image the boot drive, we decided to test the backup - and were amazed that the bootable CD made from the latest Acronis TIHome would not see the SATA6g drives as a target for restoring the freshly made image to.

Re: How to setup SATA6g interface

I tried my other standard, Paragon Disk Manager 11Pro, and created the image files, then booted from the Paragon Advanced Recovery CD and Paragon saw the SATA6 drives and happily restored the fresh image in about 10minutes, and the machine booted up from the restored image and was happily chugging away. So, either you need to include some 3rd party drives when you create the TIHome CD, or for modern computers switch to Paragon until Acronis fixes this glitch/bug/issue.

Going back a generation of SATA, when I was setting up my Ollie 3 with SATA 3 drives only TI then did not recognize the drives at all but when booting up from the CD I made. This was the Recovery Disk made from within TI after installing TI Home and TI Disk Director and put both onto the one recovery disk so it might not be identical to using the Installation Disk if that is what you used since it was made from within Windows XP or 7 and so could have picked up drivers. Is this the bootable you are referring to or to the purchased disk.

Just got through jumping thru the hoops to create the BartPE and Acronis bootable CD, it boots fine, but does not see my USB attached mouse. I can use Alt-M to keyboard the BartPE menu, but when I get Acronis to come up, it does NOT see any mouse nor respond to keyboard input. So, what am I doing wrong??? Any suggestions? And by the way, I DID go into the BIOS and change the legacy USB setting from AUTO (which was what I had by default and no mouse in BartPE) to enabled and tried again, and still no mouse.

I know that the CD maker with Paragon indeed is using WinPE3 and boots into a Win7 mode to run Paragon Disk Manager 11pro. For Acronis to ship TIHome with a crippled CD rescue disk would be like Chevy selling you a Corvette with a restricted fuel injector that only allows you to go 50mph, and then telling you that you got to play mechanic and get special tools/etc to make the fresh car actually work similar to advertised.

I had the PlusPack for TI2010 and gave up trying to get it to let me make a WinPE CD, this time around I actually found some FAQs on the Acronis website that actually helped a bit, but still, Paragon's recovery CD is WinPE3 based, and there is absolutely no reason why Acronis could not at least provide an ISO that you can directly burn to CD when you buy the PlusPack. I would have happily paid a bit more not to have had to jump thru the hoops/etc - AND will have to jump thru them again every time they release a new version of the PlusPack.

what Acronis and Paragon and the other folks with drive imaging/backup software - is give away a free version that only backups - get folks hooked on using their software for backing up, and then sell the package that includes the ability to restore from all those backups that folks had made. Sort of like Gillette and the razor blade business - give away the razor and a couple of blades, and then sell the blades that you need if you want to keep using that razor.