Thread: How to disable escape key

How to disable escape key

Here I bought a mouse Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical and I set a button pressing esc. Unfortunately when I try to type on the keyboard, well it dialog box in which I am. So is it possible to temporarily disable the action to cancel the escape key or is there another key combination for the escape key? You KeyTweak utility that allows you to change the function of a key on your keyboard after a restart, you can download it here.

Re: How to disable escape key

Once you disable the Esc key by clicking on Half Teach Mode you then click Scan a Single Key and you support the Escape button, the scan code should be displayed normally the number 1. Then just in Destination Key as you complete a blank for it to be off the time you apply the changing settings of your mouse. You restart the escape key and then reapply the same method and Destination Key you put the Esc key and you restart.

If course, but the software already makes this method automatically but if you want to know should go in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Keyboard Layout. Then create (or check if you have not already created) the entry with the name REG_BINARY Scan code Map and then edit it. After having searched the internet scancodes the keyboard, the Esc key at Scancode as against 01 for I have not managed to find how well built this value in the registry .

Galley and then I do not think that typing in your soft mouse will understand that the Esc key, I think the idea is that you take a button on your keyboard to Chance, for example the Insert button and you assigned as Esc button (for this function is in Full Mod Teach in the soft) so when you come into your soft your mouse you press the button Insert and understand that this is the Esc button you just support, you apply and then gives you the keys of your keyboard by default and you will not have any worries.

You did well in the Insert key to the Escape key? Because it could be that you reversed its two key planks. Otherwise, if the software does not support this method, it must have a configuration file to set which would allow us to manually set the mouse to our wish. See if there is no file with the. Not necessarily by cons I do not know the mouse, I'll download the driver tonight and see how the program is structured as it expands directly into the configuration in Control Panel Mouse as a tab.

yorkshire Guest

Esc key without meaning to, you can alter the registry files on your hard drive to prevent the key from working at all.

yes you are right Mr. Fox28. Once you disable the Esc key by clicking on Half Teach Mode you then click Scan a Single Key and you support the Escape button, the scan code should be displayed normally the number.