Thread: Noise in PS3 fan, is this normal?

Noise in PS3 fan, is this normal?

Hey friend I have a sony playstation 3 of 40 GB ps3 and its fan is making a noise in every 15 min and or 10 min this is happening after I have repaired my ps3 and I have repaired it because of the lenses and after that it is making a noise? I don’t understand why is it happening what should I do to get rid of it I have changed settings and all but still no change it keeps on making noise can anyone tell me how can I get rid of it? Please help me out of this am really annoyed very much?

Re: Noise in PS3 fan, is this normal?

Hey I think you should take it back to the guy from whom you have repaired it I think the fan and all must have been not fitted properly that can be the reason and I think there must be some problem in cooling and al so you can make try by opening it and screwing up everything again and I think this must help you out if nothing is wrong with your hardware. Hopefully your fan has not be damaged or so may be the fan must have changed or so just check them out properly.

Well I have a good tip to help your cooler operation of the machine is set up a game or similar event spacer on each outer edge of the machine one on the left, one on the right as you face the front) to leave a pleasant space in the large air as part of the underside of the console as possible. Essentially, you want the console surface top, bottom and sides as possible exposed to the air flow available. Grader tends to keep my machine going crazy-ca. The rubber feet on the bottom of the PS3 does not really leave much room under it for his own, and as a result of heat syncs are not working at peak efficiency, along with fans.

I would suggest you If you have a warm room where the game like me, as I have no alternate connection in my house, getting a small desktop fan to blow air over and under the machine also helps greatly, or if you want you can get a laptop cooling pad like this Linky to Wal-Mart site, but available everywhere and the power of one of its USB ports. so at that point, I would be very cautious because they do not want to end up in the same situation as me with my old console .Well I hope this would help you out of this best of luck.

I personally think that this would be the problem with the fitting of the box i think that must have not done properly and that must be the reason which would be causing the noise when you must be starting the ps3, and i think just get them fixed and everything would be fine again or must be you fan fitting must be loose just check it out if these are the case or may be its time to get the other fan just consult the service center again.

Clean the fan reassemble all the parts of the system and then see if you are getting any problem, i dont think you should get any problem after that and if still you get any problem than i think now it is the time when you have to change the fan and have a new one and i would be saying before buying a new fan just try by using one of your friends fan that is that working fine or no because if it isn't the new fan would be making noise too.So there would be no use of getting the new one to.