Thread: Recommendation for Sandy bridge box under 600$

Recommendation for Sandy bridge box under 600$

Hi, I am planning to build a machine with a sandy bridge processor, but have some confusion choosing the appropriate parts for that, as I came across too many models among them which one is better to have please let me know.

Intel Core i5 2400 or Intel Core i3 2100

Which motherboard ?

ASRock P67 PRO3 or MSI P67A-C43 or ASRock Z68 PRO3 1155 or GIGABYTE GA-H67A-UD3H-B3

For RAM, I was thinking,

G.SKILL Ripjaws X 2x2GB

Any other recommendation?

Re: Recommendation for Sandy bridge box under 600$

The choice is quite good but as mentioned in the title that you want the machine under 600$, I don’t think with this hardware you’ll get it with the same amount, as this may increase, otherwise the hardware that you are looking for is perfectly OK, and I think if you look at the performance of the processor, you can simply get the Intel core I5, but let me tell you that this is quite costly compare to I3, so you need to select according to your budget, my recommendation is Intel I5.

I am not sure about the processor very well, but as mentioned in the question about the motherboard you should get it from the Gigabyte only, because they are the only manufacturer with the good performance with compare to others, I don’t have any of the one that you have mentioned, but have the model from the Gigabyte only, and simply I am not having any problem with it, so you can simply select the GIGABYTE GA-H67A-UD3H-B3, or if you visit their website you’ll get more idea about other models, with their respective specifications.

Yeah I am agree with the above user as the GB and the Intel is the very god combination to have, and you’ll get a very good quality product, but see you must have to select the one according to your budget and with that you can have the I3 processor, Though the I5 is good but I3 is also not bad, as this is the core processor which has a ability for overclocking, so even you get the I3 you can increase it functionality, and most importantly you’ll get it in your budget only.

You should get the Gigabyte processor only because in all the latest one you’ll get a built in GPU in the motherboard so no need to have additional GPU, if you are looking to build it for gaming. And whatever you concern not only the GPU, it is best at all the concern able things, like better and faster performance, huge supportability for other hardware’s, Enhanced slots for connecting other devices with the computer.

As the above user mentioned if you want to minimize the price you can get the Intel Core I3 processor, and not only this hardware but almost all the cheaper hardware, but always make sure while buying that the hardware has ability to overclock, otherwise it would be next to worthless, and once you got a good hardware you can simply improve its performance by overcloking it, but still I would suggest you that you should refer some buying guide for the hardware because from there you can get idea about other hardware too, and it might be possible that it would be cheaper than the one that you are planning to have.