Thread: Is there any way to Turn OFF the LED of Logitech C200

Is there any way to Turn OFF the LED of Logitech C200

Hi guys I am using Logitech C200 webcam which is very nice and I normally use my webcam to do video calling and some I also capture images also. My webcam has motion detection feature and normally whenever I use this feature at that time my webcam led gets turned on, but from last few days whenever I plug my webcam in my computer and whenever I do video calling or anything at that time my webcam LED gets turn on even when motion detection feature is turned off. Please tell me how to turn it off.

Re: Is there any way to Turn OFF the LED of Logitech C200

It looks like you ar facing this problem because your LED control option is set to turn on mode. If you want to get rid of this issue then you have to select automatic mode in your LED control setting. After selecting the automatic mode you will not find this problem with your webcam and then your webcam LED gets turned on only in motion detection mode. I hope this information will fix this issue and you will be able to solve your problem as soon as possible.

If you don’t know how to set automatic LED control mode for your Logitech C200 webcam then I will help you with it. You can set automatic mode by following these steps.
    • First you have to double click on the Logitech Webcam Software.
    • Now after that you have to select Preferences which you will find in top right side of your the Logitech Webcam Software window.
    • In preference window you have to select quick capture tab.
    • In quick capture tab you will see the option for the LED control.
    • Now you have to select OFF or AUTO mode.

After doing that you will not get any issue.

After referring your above solution I have opened Logitech Webcam Software and after that I have set the Automatic mode and clicked on the ok, but after doing that also I am still getting the same problem. Now whenever I use Webcam at that time my webcam LED gets turned on automatically. Is there anything wrong with my Webcam or there is something wrong with my Logitech Webcam Software. Please reply me as soon as possible.

Well I would like to suggest you that you should first check your webcam with other computer or laptop and then see whether same problem is coming there or not. If you don’t get the same problem there then I think there might be something wrong with your Logitech Webcam Software and if you get the same problem there then I think there might be something wrong with your Webcam. You can also try to solve this problem by reinstalling the webcam drivers.

When I connect my Logitech C200 webcam with my laptop at that time it worked perfectly and it give me the same problem with the LED of webcam and after that I have also tried to fix this issue by reinstalling webcam drivers but after reinstalling the driver also I get the same issue. Now after that I visited Logitech service center and then I asked for the solution regarding my issue and after that they have solved my problem. Thank you for helping me.