Thread: Install Device Driver->Smartax MT882 Modem(Setup Asks To Reboot Repeatedly)

question Install Device Driver->Smartax MT882 Modem(Setup Asks To Reboot Repeatedly)

Hi. I Am Trying To Install Device Driver(USB) For Smartax MT882 Modem. The Setup First Screen Asks To Reboot Each Time I Run It. Even After Rebooting It Says The Same. Tried Uninstalling The Device From Device Manager.
    Using This Uninstalled Every Instance Of It:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315539
    Tried Installing Device Driver From Device Manager. Device Manager Reports A Driver Timeout Error(Probably Allowing The Software To Install Itself. Don't Know). After That The Device Is Listed Under GlobeSpan Class(What's this?), Then If I Try To Uninstall It, It Doesnt. The Device Is Still Present. I Want To Know If Windows 7 Keeps Some Kind Of Driver/Device Cache/Listing From Where I Can Clear Every Instance Of It For A Clean Install As First Time I Tried Installing XP Driver For It And It Was Not Showing The Reboot Screen(Now That Too Shows The Reboot Screen).
    (https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink)
    So Basically I Am Not Able To Install Device Via Device Manager Nor Through The Software. Please Help.

The Device Manager Status:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Re: Install Device Driver->Smartax MT882 Modem(Setup Asks To Reboot Repeatedly)

Can you tell us how are you connecting this modem to your system? Is it by way of CAT5 or CAT6 Ethernet? Or are you connecting via USB? Given this is an external DSL modem, you really don't need to install drivers for it. Most external DSL modems are stand alone units these days (unlike regular dial-up modems which required a serial port). XP drivers are generally NOT recommended unless there's no other option.

Its Using USB. And Its An External DSL Modem. It Has Ethernet Port But The Problem Is I Want To Use The Only Port On My PC For LAN. Hence I Want To Connect Modem Via USB.

Check the below steps as given on many website to install driver for Smartax MT882 Modem in your pc:

- connect USB cable to modem & computer
    - switch off modem power
    - start your XP machine.
    - after complete booting of XP insert modem cd.
    - swith on modem power supply
    - XP will prompt in one window "Found new hardware"
    - click next->next
    - AT THIS TIME, After the above window,IT WILL AGAIN PROMPT "Found New Hardware"
    - Do not close this window, Click Next->Next immediately in this window also
    - It will complete the USB Driver installation & will ask you to reboot system.

Yeah Thanks, I tried Those. The Problem Is I Am On Windows 7(Though I Have Win7 Drivers) And When I Try To Install The Modem Through Device Manager(Coz Automatic Installation Reports Error{Driver Not Found}) It Shows Timeout Error And When I Try To Uninstall, It Doesnt

Well, if you are getting a timeout error then it means that either your USb port power is simply down or something else. So you will need to go to the device manager and check the parameter's of USb and set the manual time which will allow the user to manually turn off the USB Port. It might be also a possible registry error, so try to download Registry Cleaner and clean your computer's registry.

smile Re: Install Device Driver->Smartax MT882 Modem(Setup Asks To Reboot Repeatedly)

I M Sure Its Not Power Issue...Other Devices To Same Port Work Fine
    Can You Suggest Some Good Registry Cleaners? Tried Ccleaner....doesnt Work

Quote Originally Posted by dofod View Post
    Can You Suggest Some Good Registry Cleaners? Tried Ccleaner....doesnt Work
    Well, while searching for good registry cleaners, i found couple of threads right here on this forums. Here are the following, hope it helps you:
    Best Registry cleaners
    Best Registry Cleaner for Windows 7
    Registry Cleaner