Thread: Logitech Webcam c210 showing Black screen while running in windows 7

Logitech Webcam c210 showing Black screen while running in windows 7

I’m having a Logitech c210 webcam everything is working well but from last few days it’s giving me too much trouble. The cam is not able to capture the image and it just gives me a black screen I’m having a dell inspiron zino which is having a windows 7 home edition running on it and I had installed the Logitech web cam software whose version is v2.0. Please suggest me how to eliminate this issue.

Re: Logitech Webcam c210 showing Black screen while running in windows 7

You must unplug the webcam and then plugged it into different usb port don’t use an usb hub or any kind of extension for usb and you can even try to update the drivers for your webcam which you can do it easily by going to system and security and in that go to system and then device manager and then drop down the list and from the list see the imaging devices on that right click on the webcam and after that select the option for updating the drivers and it will going to search for it automatically.

If you had updated your drivers and it’s still not working then again go to device manger from the system and security you can even right click on my computer and select properties and from hardware section you will get a device manager option. In device manager just look for the option for sound video and game and in that right click on the webcam mic or you can even get it in the usb audio device and then select the option for the update drivers and if you can’t see the image of it then uninstall the Logitech software and then reinstall it in the clean mode.

Well I really appreciate you and I had tried the things what you had said but still I’m getting the black screen I don’t know what maybe the cause of this issue. When I plug it in other computer its working normally. I think so my registry is getting confliction or some drivers in my computer which is conflicting which is causing the problem. I had even update the drivers for it but still it doesn’t work don’t know what is happening with it.

Well I was also having the same problem. So I had tried to use it in the clean boot mode and its working in it. If you still persist with the problem then you must try to use it with the Skype and the window live messenger and even if still doesn’t work then try to run your webcam in the uvc mode make sure you uninstalled the software for the Logitech webcam and then try to use it and just check if you still persist with the similar sort of issue.

I had also tried with the clean boot mode but still I’m getting an black screen so later I had uninstall the software and again I had reboot my computer and then I had plug in my web cam in different usb port not in the usb hub and try to use it with the window messenger in that when I try to make a video call I got the same problem of black screen which stating an error message unable to use the webcam and when I’m trying to configure the video and sound in the window live messenger but still it show an error but the cam can be recognized.

Try to use it in different computer and if its work then there might be problem with the webcam which is conflicting. For this you try to uninstall and again install the drivers. And even uninstall the category from the sound video and the webcam mic from your device manager and then UN plug your webcam and restart your computer. After it get restarted plug-in your webcam on the usb port after plugging you must receive an notification stating new hardware had found and even uninstall the third party software which had being install for the camera and scanner.