Thread: 24 pin power connector - 1 pin missing

24 pin power connector - 1 pin missing

Hello friend, I used the desktop computer in the last one year. Now there is wrong happen in the power connector of the CPU. I have a AXP Simple Power 630w PSU and the PCI-e connectors present in this PSU are limited. This connector contains 1 x 20+4-pin ATX which already useful with all unused 1 x 4-pin CPU, 3 x SATA, 4 x Peripheral, 1 x 6-pin PCI-E, 1 x Floppy. In this power connector, one pin is missing. Is there any way to solve this problem or should I seem to be a new PSU? Thanks in advance.

Re: 24 pin power connector - 1 pin missing

This is not the true case in this type of power connector. There is the specific fix pattern present in this type of power connector. Normally one pin is hidden in this type of connector and this is the ground pin. You need to check the correct standard of this power connector. The standard of this connector is present in the user guide manual of the SMPS. You need to read this and it will be help you to understood the correct pattern of this power connector.

As per my knowledge the 17 pin of this connector is empty. This is to be present because the computer powers on then turns itself off after about 5 seconds. This is to be happen when it arrive at post code 94. Though if I get the power connector then in the result it stops at post code 90. It will also generate the continuously beeps. Hence I also think that this is the fix standard of the power connector and nothing is to be wrong in this pin.

yes this is to be happen in this type of power connector. The reason behind this missing 1 pin from the 24 pin connector is to be the standoffs. I think that you might be using the standoffs on the motherboard. Hence this type of pin missing problem occurred in the system. The missing pin is to be hidden pin and this will be use for the ground purpose of the power connector. Then if this pin is working then there is nothing wrong happen in the system.

This pin missing is not an important issue. This type of issue normally happens in the power connector. The reason behind this is that so many companies are present in the market. They will be sell there own power connector and most of the time they give the preference of the target instead of the number of pins on connector. This is the main problem and hence user things that specific pin is missing. In this case use the manual of the company and solve this trouble.

You need to replace this power connector with the other connector. This is the best way to solve such kind of problem. Most of the time, this type of connector is to be defective and hence this will be connect to the specific port but not work very well. In this case, you need to contact the seller and then replace this defective pin. This will be help to solve such connectivity problem. This is the most necessary in this type of solution.

The better way to solve this problem is to be contact the expert person of the official site. The expert person of the company will understand this kind of problem and hence they will be able to solve such kind of problem. Then you need to use this expert help and they will be solving your problem. May be they suggest you to replace this connector. If this power connector is in the warranty period, then they will replace it.