Thread: How to access hard drive of dell laptop from desktop when monitor is dead

How to access hard drive of dell laptop from desktop when monitor is dead

Hello, last month I have buy the new Dell laptop and now the monitor of this laptop is not work correctly. I haven’t known the reason behind this but I need to transfer the content from the hard drive of the dell laptop to the desktop. In this condition the monitor of laptop is to be not working. It means it is completely dead. Is there any way to transfer the content even if the monitor is dead? Any type of help is to be thanks.

Re: How to access hard drive of dell laptop from desktop when monitor is dead

The simple solution of this problem is to be used a local area network. The router or hub will be help to do this network connection. Then connect both the laptop and the desktop computer. After doing this task just use any desktop sharing software for doing this data transferring process. This desktop sharing software will be capable to access the content on the desktop. Then use it and solve your monitor dead problem.

If you have knowing a little bit knowledge about computers then the cheapest solution is to unplug the hard drive out of the computer. In your case, you need to open the laptop and after that you need to put it into the other laptop or connect it to the computer. Then easily access the content of the hard drive. Then use the simple technique to transfer this content to the destination. In your case destination is to be desktop computer.

I must suggest you to first fix the problem of the monitor. This will be help to solve the problem of the dell laptop. The correct way is to be using the different approaches for solving this problem. Few of the solution is to be update the driver of the graphics card. I also suggest you that check the graphics card is correctly connect or not. If this is not connecting correctly, then connect it correctly. This will be help to solve such kind of problem.

If the drive was from a Windows Vista or Win7 basis then there is easiest way to do this task. You need to just use the basic things in the windows and then you find the correct way to do this task. There is recovery console DVD provide by the Microsoft for doing such kind of task even the monitor is dead. Hence, I suggest you to use this type of recovery console or the data recovery disk and solve such problem.

When your computer shows a black screen then the Common things is to be the CPU fan is not working. But as per you mention in the post that the monitor is completely dead, then I suggest you to first check that the other parts of the laptop is correctly work or not. Then check the CPU Fan as well as the other hardware peripherals such HDD and so on. This will be help to fix the monitor problem and this will be help to do this task.

The best way of this process is to be securely do the correct solution for solving this problem. If you have try to get the help of the expert by calling the toll free number then they provide you the correct way to do this Backup all data present in this hard drive of the laptop process. They have the special type of technique known and they will be providing you such different kind of information to do this task. Then use it & solve problem.