Thread: Installing Logitech Quickcam pro 9000 webcam gives Blue Screen

Installing Logitech Quickcam pro 9000 webcam gives Blue Screen

Hey people, please provide me with a solution. I have been using Installing Logitech Quickcam pro 9000 webcam from last 4 months. Until now it was performing very well. But lately I am having few issues with the webcam. I recently uninstalled the webcam from my system and later when I tried installing the webcam again in my system, I ended up getting the Blue Screen. Does anyone know what must be causing this issue? Please help to get rid of the following issue.

Re: Installing Logitech Quickcam pro 9000 webcam gives Blue Screen

I strongly feel that there is some kind of registry entry issues in your Windows XP running computer. So, in this case, I would recommend you to optimize the registry entries in your system. You need to delete all the broken links from your registry key. In order to do so, I would recommend you to make use of any third party software and perform registry cleaning in your system. This will take some time, but it is worth trying as it will be deleting all the unnecessary registry entries and links from your system.

According to me the issue is created because of some compatibility between some programs or application that is installed in your computer system with your Installing Logitech Quickcam pro 9000 Webcam. So, I will recommend you to find out the main culprit behind this compatibility issue by deleting/uninstalling all the programs which you installed in recent times and which you think can be the culprit. Once you have detected the real culprit, I would recommend you to remove the following from your system, inorder to get your issue solved.

You can use Third Party software CCleaner or TuneUp Utilities inorder to properly uninstall all the files and folders including the registry files of the installed Logitech Quickcam pro 9000 Webcam from your system. Once you have uninstalled the files from your system, restart your computer and after restarting the system, try to reinstall the setup for your Logitech Quickcam pro 9000 Webcam. This time make sure that you are installing the latest available update for your webcam. You should also make sure that you have installed all the drivers and updates required for your Windows system.

Thank you, guys for posting your precious replies. I really appreciate your efforts. I feel really sorry to inform you that I none of the above solution worked for me. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the necessary drivers and all the related files and folders by using the CCLeaner, but still I am facing the same issue with my system. This is being a really irritating issue for me now. Please some help me get rid of the issue. I am fed up of facing this blue screen error.

According to me there is a problem with the current version of drivers of the Logitech webcam which you are trying to install in your system. So, most probably you should try to download the updated version of the Logitech webcam drivers from the official website of Logitech and try to install the following setup in your system. Make sure that you have downloaded the setup for your version of setup. If you are using Windows XP then download setup for it and if using for Windows 7 (32bit or 64bit) then download the drivers for the same.

Satyrs Guest

You might also face the issue if some of the important updates are missing from your system. So you should make sure that you have kept the system updated. Also if you have antivirus installed in your system, then I would suggest you to turn it off for sometime until you have installed in your computer. Sometimes the issue might occur if the antivirus or any other application is blocking the installation of the webcam drivers. You can also try to install the drivers using an installer.