Thread: Unable to detect Logitech C910 Webcam

Unable to detect Logitech C910 Webcam

64-bit Windows 7 SP1 Operating system is running in my computer system. Recently I purchased Logitech C910 Webcam in order to stay in touch with others by means of video chatting and all. So, today morning I tried to install the webcam in my compute. But to my surprise, I was not able to do so. I am unable to find the main reason behind the issue. Does anyone know what the real reason and the solution is there for this issue? Please reply to my post and help me solve the problem.

Re: Unable to detect Logitech C910 Webcam

First, you should make sure that you have installed all the necessary drivers which are provided along with the Logitech C910 Webcam. You should install the drivers for your Logitech C910 Webcam and connect your webcam to your computer, whenever your system is prompting you to do so. Make sure that you are following the onscreen instructions in a right way. Once you have completed installing the drivers, your system will prompt for restart. Make sure that you are restarting your computer as asked for. This will complete the installation.

Inorder to install the driver for your Logitech C910 Webcam, you can use the original drivers CD which came along with the webcam when you purchased the webcam. Once you have installed the drivers, you should make sure that you start the GUI of Logitech and try to search for the latest available update for your particular webcam. You should make sure that you have downloaded the right drivers for your Operating system. Download the setup for your 64-bit Windows 7.

Thank you, guys for replying to my post. I really appreciate your concern. I am sorry for not mentioning the proper issue. Actually when I am connecting my Logitech C910 Webcam to my computer, I am unable to do so. It seems that the USB is not at all detecting the webcam. What must be the reason behind this? Does anyone know? I am really irritated with this issue guys. Please help me. Your help will be appreciated like always.

According to me your system is missing some .inf and .sys files after you installed the Service Pack 1 for your 64-bit Windows 7. So in order to get your issue solved, first I would recommend you to uninstall all the instance of Logitech from your system and then restart your system. Now search for the Windows6.1-KB2529073-x64.msu hotfix on Internet and install it in your system. Make sure that you have got a genuine Windows 7 installed in your system if you want to install the following hotfix. Once done with the following, try to reinstall the drivers of your Logitech C910 Webcam.

I feel that the problem is with the USB port which you are using to connect your Logitech C910 Webcam to your computer. The USB port might be corrupted or damaged and that is why it is not detecting your webcam. It can also be possible that you have not installed the necessary drivers which are responsible for smooth functioning of the USB port in your system. SO first I would recommend you to install all the drivers needed in your system. And secondly, try using some another USB port.

If none of the above solutions seems to be working for you, then I strongly feel that there is a problem with the Logitech C910 Webcam which you are trying to connect to your system and not the computer in which you are connecting the webcam. So, in this case I would recommend you to visit the store form where you purchased the webcam and get the device checked whether it is working or not. If you find it not to be in the working condition, then you will probably have to get it repaired or replaced as per the state of problem.