Thread: Do you think that rates of computer will fall when BD gets released?

Do you think that rates of computer will fall when BD gets released?

I'm a new to the landscape of the CPU, but I've been doing a lot of research in preparing to buy a new laptop and remove my struggle Dell Inspiron 6400. I am interested in buying a laptop with a processor i7-xxxx as I'm hoping to "future proof" my laptop as much as probable while making sure that my laptop can handle a heavy load of multitasking with a Moderate use of game too.
    My only hesitation is that with the imminent launch of processors Bulldozer would be prudent to delay the purchase until my BD is released in the hope that Intel and AMD begin to lower prices as a result of competition between the two processors?

Re: Do you think that rates of computer will fall when BD gets released?

Waiting for BD may be fruitless in the end. Moreover, assuming that the BD release will significantly reduce the prices of the current generation of technology can be an illusion too. BD will be launched to change the outlook for prices? Perhaps, but with profit margins of hardware is already quite low, I would not expect a massive decrease. Therefore, my recommendation is this. Develop a budget to include everything you think you need and buy what best suits your needs right now.

Anyone who tries to approach in here and say that Bulldozer will be improved than SB is making the response. Anyone who says it will, quote, "a generation behind," that is based on the fact that the current line of AMD processors is a generation ago. This, of course, is a terrible analysis. Anyone who can project the Bulldozer price is random cards to name a few are in a technology Web site in Turkish, allegedly leaked from AMD, and just full of it. My point is to have the answers to this question comes with a grain of salt, because anyone who responds is just a guess.
    My advice is to keep an eye on slickdeals.net to see how prices change. I would also like to note that computer prices are as low as a percentage of what I think is a decent enough income to pull, so I would not worry too much about the price and just go and buy what you want. A hundred dollars for a salary of $ 70k is nothing.

Nobody knew that Sandy Bridge would be as fine as it was there was no way of knowing. Lynnfield the predecessor of the SB was extremely powerful and too much for most applications that a user is launched into the games, editing video, rip DVD, whatever, but Intel managed to hit one out of the park with the SB.

AMD has very strong people who have been around the block a few times and surprised many people in 2003 with the Athlon 64, while Intel was struggling with the Pentium 4. So there is a precedent.

Another precedent is the effort of AMD to match the performance of Intel Core i3/i5/i7 series and before the series 2 Core Duo all the way back to 2005. There has been much back and forth between Intel and AMD over the past 15 years, that anyone can find examples of why AMD and Intel competition will not eliminate your heels back into the history of the past cannot be used. Well it’s my opinion.

I started building PC's in the late 80's and I guess my preference in AMD sprouted from an age when Microsoft and Intel were using their clout to bully everybody else. When AMD is in front, I buy AMD because they are in front. When not, I buy them because they need my support to survive and climb back to the top. Life without options makes you somebody's slave; let’s hope Apple has some worthy competition soon.