Thread: Need help: My new Sound Card, New Speakers are having crackling sound

Need help: My new Sound Card, New Speakers are having crackling sound

Just assembled a new computer and finally got some cables to complete the installation. I bought an HT card Claro Halo. The speakers have great sound but the crackling sound is horrible. I have isolated the crackling noise for: When playing song, one more case would be when you adjust the volume level. Lower right place of Windows, nearby you can see a volume icon. The faster you click the scroll bar, which makes the crackling more. Not even have to move the slider. Simply click on it rapidly makes this crackling sound, crack noise, fixed type. I have about 10 days to get it reverse to Newegg for a full refund, but in reality if you want to send something to rectify.

Re: Need help: My new Sound Card, New Speakers are having crackling sound

It could be interference. It does not sound exactly like as you have, but the HT Omega cards have no protection around you, what you can do that especially prone to this. Worth a shot in sight, unless you are sure this is not the case. Can you give us an idea of the setting / inside your PC with the card in it? And you are using the latest drivers off their website? Do post more information here and I may help you based on it.

Strange, to say the least. On the other hand, could be the XLR cable that is the problem. Do you have a native [3.5] can be connected to see if the problem is the sound card or the conversion cable? Also for testing purposes, turn off the improvements and the use of 44.1/48 kHz audio to rule out possible problems on that front. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, not the card requires a power connector [more PCI-E make]? This could also be the problem.

I'm not 100% sure this is a weird difficulty, but you can try turning off HPET timer is an event of high precision in the BIOS and see if any help. Another user had a similar problem here with Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3, and turning Xear GX 3d mode for ASUS cards, should be a similar option for HT Omega cards solved the problem. Well you can check this out and I hope this helps you. All the best!

This is one of the most difficult to diagnose the sound problems I've seen all month. As everyone has said here, basically you can turn all the settings in the audio panel to do anything other than processing base? If you can get a kind of 'safe mode' all off / to low quality and it seems to fix it, then it should be easy to go from there. If you do nothing, then we are back to square of the cases. Honestly, I doubt it will be, but it's always good to be able to rule out minor things first. If the outbreak had been in its course until it is restarted, and turned, then it really does not sound like interference. I could be wrong, but it just does not sound good. I'll look into this a bit more for you so I can give a little more specific response.

Take a look through your sound card, while you're at it. His X-Meridian is probably the next best thing to your Halo, and can change the OPAMPs it to customize your sound if desired. That should certainly sound better than the Fatal1ty, and has front board audio for headphones. The only trouble is that it has a dedicated headphone amplifier all this is based on putting the best possible enclose sound. It's an remarkable card, even though that is still in the PCI edge. In fact, should not give any problems either way.

Sounds like you either have a defective motherboard, an awful cable or a terrible connection. If you try different cables (hopefully you will have extra) then you can remove the cable and the connectivity. Then it is either the motherboard or sound card or the connection between the motherboard and sound card that would be a matter of the motherboard. Just check this out. I hope this help you to solve your problem.