Thread: Resolution of Logitech C270 HD Webcam is messed up

Resolution of Logitech C270 HD Webcam is messed up

Hey guys I recently got the Logitech C270 HD Webcam so that I can stay in touch with my friends and family members through video calling. The problem which I am facing while using the webcam is that no matter where I am placing the webcam while chatting, the images coming are too close. So I wanted to know what must be causing this issue with the device. I am running the webcam in my Windows 7 running computer system. IF anyone is having any kind of suggestion, then please feel free to post them.

Re: Resolution of Logitech C270 HD Webcam is messed up

As far as I know all the webcam’s are built in this pattern only. So it seems to be a normal thing to me. But, still I would recommend you to first of all find the manual of Logitech C270 HD Webcam. You can find the same along with other accessories which came along with the webcam. Read on the manual of your webcam and check out whether the webcam supports the zoom in and zoom out feature in it. And if you find that this feature is included in your webcam then you can achieve what you wanted to.

I would suggest you to go and check out in the Webcam Options whether the digital zoom of your camera is set to its lowest value or not. If you find the zoom of the camera not to be at its lowest level then bring the slider to the lowest position and check out whether the issue still exists or not. You can see the Webcam options by visiting the Webcam Controller Window of the Logitech Webcam Software.

Thank you for responding. I was not expecting such a quick response. Anyways back to the issue, I already followed the above steps. And when I checked the Webcam options, I found the camera zoom to be at its lowest position already, but still I am facing the issue. Why is this happening? Also I have started going through the webcam’s manual, but still I haven’t found anything helpful. Please guys, if you people have any other suggestion, than please help me.

Just selecting the lowest value of zoom won’t solve the issue. Along with the following changes you even have to do some other settings as well. Just below the zoom slider option, you will find a combo box with a title Resolution. Check what resolution is set here. If you find the resolution to be high then I would recommend you to bring the resolution to 320x240. This will bring a lot of difference in the quality of the picture being captured with your webcam. Also make sure that you have changed the WideScreen option to Standard Screen.

You might be using the webcam in some messenger or application. So I would suggest you to first make sure that the application which you are using to access Logitech C270 HD Webcam is working well. Also make sure that you have installed the latest available version of the third party software which you are using for using webcam. Most importantly, you should make sure that you have installed the latest available drivers for your Logitech Webcam for your particular device.

If you are using the webcam in a chat application, such as Skype, you will not see the usual controls because all camera settings are totally controlled by the application itself.You can notice that the standard controls will only appear in the Logitech Quick Capture application or any other application that supports video recording and gives a full access to the settings of the webcam. In my case I was able to find the Widescreen option after I went to the following path after starting the Logitech Webcam Software. Go to Quick Capture > Controls and Effects.