Thread: Hard disk Error: Pri Master hard disk: S.M.A.R.T Status BAD, Backup and Replace

Hard disk Error: Pri Master hard disk: S.M.A.R.T Status BAD, Backup and Replace

I am facing a very big problem with my computer. The problem is that my computer is giving me the error message saying that Pri Master hard disk: S.M.A.R.T Status BAD, Backup and Replace. I am having the hard disk which is WD 2500BB Ultra DMA. I am having this from many years nearly around 7 years. Before I have tried to back up the data from my HDD and scanned the system with the malwarebytes but did not find anything. For few days I rid of the error message but after someday I got the same message back. So is there any way to get rid of this error message?

Re: Hard disk Error: Pri Master hard disk: S.M.A.R.T Status BAD, Backup and Replace

The first thing that you can do is that you can disable the SMART from the BIOS. Go through the menus and check for the option whether it is available. But before doing anything you can just need to save all the data that you are having in your system. And after that contact your hard disk manufacturer to get your hard disk replaced or get it repaired. Once you get the new hard disk you can later transfer your data to it.

Re: Hard disk Error: Pri Master hard disk: S.M.A.R.T Status BAD, Backup and Replace

To get rid of the SMART, you can use the cloning program to get it fixed like DIXML and make a clone of your all the content that you are having it in your hard disk. So that you can transfer all the data to it for your back up. And then you can copy it to CD or DVD. And after that you can disable the SMART from the BIOS setup.

This is the same issue that I got few years back on my system. Whenever I boot my system I get the same SMART error. So I even tried to disable this form the BIOS but I was not able to get this solved. So I transferred all my data to another external hard disk and then scanned for the virus but I didn’t get anything. So I contacted the Hard disk manufacturer and asked him to replace this. And after I got it replaced I transferred all my data back.