Thread: How to create a recovery disc for HP ProBook 4530s

How to create a recovery disc for HP ProBook 4530s

Hello everyone I hope you all have read the title properly, so what I am saying is that I am looking for the good recovery disk for my hp notebook, I did try finding the Recovery Manager software but sadly I was not able to find it. so that’s why I am asking you all as if where can I find the exact steps from where i can make the recovery CD. It would be better if you all can guide me through the steps in which I can personally create the recovery CD for mot notebook. So please do try and give out some solutions for the same. I am waiting for the help from you all.

Re: How to create a recovery disc for HP ProBook 4530s

First of all let me tell you that you cannot create recovery disc for HP ProBook 4530s. Well you can certainly check for the recovery partition that can be used to restore the CD, so that’s what I feel here. Now the receovery partition totally becomes of no use when you are thingking of upgrading the hard disk or formatting it. so check out for the recovery partition in the notebook and order a quick restore disk set from the hp and that’s it. you will get all the necessary things from there only.

Well the problem is that I cannot find the recovery manager in my hp laptop. Why should we go and get the Recovery Disc even if it is available for $10. In fcat the hp people should give the option of sending the Cd with them only, that’s what I feel here. You only tell me what is the use of the recovery disks if they are not giving the option of creating one fo them in their own notebook, so that’s what my problem is? Anyways if someone do manage to get some solution for the problem then please do help me as well here. Please do post down the solutions down, I will be happy to read it.

See the HP ProBook 4530s has a recovery partition and by pressing the F11 key in the splash screen you will be launching the recovery process. So that is the method to get started with the recovery process. So hope you do understand for the same and hence do the necessary changes there.

Guys I did have a chat with the HP people about the same issue and you will not believe the response that I got from there. See if you can properly see the advertisements of the ProBook 4530s then you can find that the Recovery Management software advertises there and it is clearly written there that it is pre installed in it. on having a talk with them about the issue what they said it was not pre installed and they will ship me the necessary recovery discs for my notebook. Yes ProBook 4530s has the recovery partition and it is activated by pressing the F11 key, now for some it is working while for some it is not working at all. That’s what I feel here. However in my case it is totally resolved here.

Ok that seems to me as the last option here, so thanks a ton for the same and appreciate the efforts that you have put in to solve the issue. so thanks a lot guys for that, yes surely I will have a chat with the hp people about the concerned issue and I will take an explanation regarding this. since it si their mistake with the advertisement that they have mentioned over here. Anyways I will let you know about the progress in the case over here.

Hello,
    I had the same problem of f11 not working and no media creator software preinstalled to create recovery discs at home. These discs are different than the System repair disc that you can create using 'RECDISC.exe' command in the search box of STARTbutton menu. I went through the same problem with HP probook 4530s. After researching the internet webpages and myriad of HP websites, in vain, I chose a different route. I made an email appeal to the CEO HP global whose office forwarded the complaint to tech support USA who forwarded it too HP India at Bangalore. They asked me to furnish purchase details - which in my case were ebay India transactions and once verified - they promptly sent me a set (2) of Recovery and driver DVDs of HP win 7 Home premium. The whole business took less than 7 days. I must thank and appreciate HP support to take action very swiftly. In fact the DVDs were sent from HP Singapore to India by express courier. It came faster that local courier would usually take. Also it is indeed true that F11 does not work on some HP probook 4530s. And the media creator software is not there too. hope it some souls who face same plight.