Thread: Need to know why there is so much of shortsighted on the remote connectivity/functionality of Sony

Need to know why there is so much of shortsighted on the remote connectivity/functionality of Sony

Why is RF only with respect to communication with the player? Sony really did think that everyone uses the included remote control exclusively and just throw your current universal remote? Logitech even thinking this way. Although Logitech was the same RF path, which at least gave people the ability to use RF remotes from Logitech existing thing. If Sony is hoping to use the included remote only the world so why no learning for the remote? Did they think they could cover 100% of all people and devices have 100% of all the buttons that are used in the database include? Extremely nearsighted by Sony.

Re: Need to know why there is so much of shortsighted on the remote connectivity/functionality of Sony

I realize that this is my biggest complaint too. I really like the remote for the most part, but obviously cannot control everything. The biggest surprise is that not even control the PS3 (a Sony). I do not understand. I hope this is something that Sony / GTV / Android is trying to improve. I know that one of the first means headaches like this, but time will tell how committed Sony is to this project.

Re: Need to know why there is so much of shortsighted on the remote connectivity/functionality of Sony

Instead of dealing with the PS3 controller, I bought the PS3 and Blu-ray remote. Maybe that's what I had in mind. The TV remote control functionality is also severely limited control of my home theater. You can turn on / off and raise / lower the volume. So here I sit with my TV remote, my BD remote for the PS3 and my home theater remote. I have no idea what someone was thinking when they designed this, but it is totally unacceptable.

Having worked side by side, I'm not sure they have anyone who understands good user interface (UI) design your business in general. My suggestion is honestly to hire a superstar of software architecture for the design of its user interface. They need a paradigm shift in the concept of software! On the other hand, I realize that this is really a beta product. But if you cannot do better with the next version, this will be another product line to be abandoned.

If you own more than one Sony product, you may have noticed that the appearance of each remote control is completely different. It's almost as if they were made on different planets. This tells me that each division / product is responsible for remote control and nothing is done to test the interoperability functionality. What Sony needs is a SIT (System Integration and Test) the group has all these components and secures your remote control to play well together?

As a software update mentioned above, I do not think that will happen, and I do not think the remote controls unlike the TV and receiver are updated. The only way I can see fixing this (and the distance will not grow a new pause button) is releasing an updated model of the distance. As that happens, I think it would be included in the "Hold your breath and not breath until you wake up." category.

Since this is a team, after all, with an operating system. Sony should come up with something fast for this remote to connect to their own resources, i.e. STR-DA333ES as an AV receiver. Very disappointed with them. IR blaster codes are very limited. I have a relatively new Samsung BR has HDMI. Does not work with power and control with HDMI or IR Blaster. This should be a significant effort by Sony too.