Thread: Got a wrong PSU with dell alienware M11x R3

Got a wrong PSU with dell alienware M11x R3

Hi, yesterday I have received my laptop and I was quite excited about that but after seeing the unnecessary parts I was little bit disappointed really, as I hot a wrong power cable with my machine and thus I am not able to connect it to the adapter that I have got, so I am not able to charge it anyways, is there any way through which can we charge it for a while at least, and what shall I do next in order to get the perfect cord for me?

Re: Got a wrong PSU with dell alienware M11x R3

I know I am also having the similar issues as yours, I also got the same wrong power cable, but I got it replaced with the new one as I contacted dell for this, thus I would suggest you the same as you must have to contact them as soon as possible, because after that you’ll not get it replaced. And very sadly I have to say that there are no other way to charge it, so you have to keep it turn of only until you get the power cable from there.

I have contacted them for this problem but didn’t get any such perfect solution, it was too awful I would say, because they were not even getting what am I saying, and after that when at last they got it that I got a wrong cable then they are saying like it is impossible, they were not believing me anyways, so I was completely shattered due this, now I am not getting what can I do next? Any more suggestion?

See I am wondering because I have heard that the dell is the best at providing customer support then how is it possible, but still as it happened to you I would suggest you that why don’t you visit their service center? And off course whenever you go there you should bring all those parts also along with you so that they must have to believe you, and this would be really good option for this. Rather you can send the number of the part to their customer support for and claim a complaint for the same.

If you don’t want to bother any more with this dell and their customer support I have a very good idea after that, If you are willing to spend some money than you can have another option as well such as to buy a new power cable, and that you can buy it from any of the computer hardware shop, it will charge you approximately 1K, or may be more or less around that. But If you don’t want to waste money then with no other option replacement would be the best one.