Thread: Ethernet connection not working in docking station

Ethernet connection not working in docking station

There is a problem with my IBM Thinkpad. The present one is a T60p. Before this I was using T61. Though, what I've been noticing is that while the laptop is on top of the docking station, the Ethernet connection toward internal wired network is not working. No light on top of the port otherwise no matter which. This is the case in spite of of which laptop. The strange thing so far I have tried the 3 different station but all are same result. The direct connection work file but when it is from docking station there is nothing?

Re: Ethernet connection not working in docking station

So, a docking station that is meant to be a notebook in operation on and can undock. However, after getting a new undock Synchronization is due. This is completely normal. NB this should not run automatically, it must be stopped manually. This could be the cause of your problems. Have you ever thought that the dock has its own network card and thus a different IP address than the notebook and the two must be logged in DHCP?

I think that you should get the HP DOCK AND USB NETWORK adapter. This docking station is ideal for all computers, laptops and Netbooks. Connect all your devices in one location without the fuss printer, external hard drive, recorder, audio system or your local network. This stylish docking station Hewlett Packard combines quality and comfort. Simply plug the station into the USB port of your computer via the USB cable and now ready for operation.

I’m simply wondering if the Port Replicator is essentially intended to permit the network to kick in while the laptop is connected in. On all 4 laptops this has not at all occurred to the extent that I am conscious. Two network cards humiliate within the device list on the docked profile these I consider are the Wireless one as well as the one inside the laptop. There might be some kind of interference in network or something else.

Windows sees only one gateway in the network configuration. So if you get assigned the same network via DHCP 2 gateways, then loses an adapter, because you can always just send packets through a gateway. It was ever thus. It does so either on the same network only WLAN or LAN. Then you must decide yourself already. On which adapter you are referring your IP first naturally depends on the starting order and the speed from when each adapter is initialized and which adapter is the fastest an IP from DHCP picks. Accordingly, it can happen that sometimes can have the wireless adapter an unidentified network and sometimes the wireless adapter.

First of all make sure that the your laptop is interacting correctly with the docking station. if both of them not communicating each other properly then it could reason for the network connection. As you know that the docking station itself does not do anything. However if your laptop Ethernet is working or not. furthermore if you have limited access to the docking station with the laptop the also it could be one of reason.