Thread: Canon Printer MP160 does not work after paper jam

Canon Printer MP160 does not work after paper jam

I am using Cannon MP160 Printer from last one year and my printer was working fine with my laptop in which i am using windows vista. I have to use my printer daily for my office work. Few days back my printer had a paper jam and my printer stopped working. Somehow I have removed the paper from my printer and after that when I try to print anything from my printer at that time my printer is not responding. Please tell me how to start my printer working again.

re: Canon Printer MP160 does not work after paper jam

It looks like there may be some part of paper left in your printer and because that your printer is finding difficulty in printing documents. Just check again properly in your printer whether there are any pieces of paper left or not. Make sure at the time of checking the printer you are not doing anything wrong with the other part of your printer. After doing that try to print any documents again in your printer and after that check whether your problem gets solved or not?

If you are still facing the same problem after checking your printer perfectly then try to solve this problem resetting your Cannon MP160 Printer. Normally this kind of problem gets solved by resetting the printer. You should also try to solve this problem by reinstalling the printer driver in your laptop. First try this both trick and then let me know whether your problem gets solved or not. Hopefully you will be able to solve this issue as soon as possible.

I have tried to fix his issue by checking my printer again but when I checked my printer again at that time I didn’t find any piece of paper in my printer. Now after doing that I tried to reset the printer but I don’t know about how to reset the printer as I have never done this before with my printer. Reinstalling the driver didn’t make any difference with my printer. Please tell me the steps about resetting my printer then it will be helpful for me.

If you want to reset your printer then you can follow these steps.
    • First you have to make sure that your printer is turned off.
    • Now after that press and hold the resume button and then press power button.
    • After that check whether green light appeared or not.
    • Now release the resume button but keep holding power button.
    • After that press the resume button twice and then without releasing the power button and then release both the button.
    • Now after that press the resume button four times and after that press power button again.
    • Now after doing that turn of the printer and turn on again.

I have followed all your steps and reset my printer and after that also I get the same problem and then I went to the service center and asked about my problem. After doing that they have repaired my printer and after that my printer started working normally again. Now I am not facing any issue with my printer and I am able to print all the things in my printer. Thank you so much for giving me all the useful information. I really appreciate your help.