Thread: Need to play Lossless DVD rip on 16:9

Need to play Lossless DVD rip on 16:9

I have a serviio based setup DLNA server, and now I'm hooked on diskless and go to my house to watch movies. I want high quality though. I'm still learning all this, and keep running into trouble. I want to rip my DVD and save with 100% quality, if feasible. I'm not concerned about size. I have tried numerous programs joining VOB, VOB to MPG programs that all retained 100% quality. The answerable files are 720x480 avi or mpg and distorted on my LG HDTV. I did a conversion from AVI, 720x384 and left. The size was large, but the quality was not there. I've gone through the sticky threads in this forum and tried all the tools I could find which looks set to do the job. I cannot locate anything that allows me to make a DVD rip in a lossless format that can give out my TV in a format that fits the screen. Can anyone give me any advice?

Re: Need to play Lossless DVD rip on 16:9

Why do you believe a 720 would display it full screen on a display panel 1080, which is a major expansion which in turn requires a series of stretching, the best option if blu ray is not an option the use of TV aspect and crop settings to give a little correction though, mean black bars above and below this is not the zoom function, if your TV has a problem with lost image, that is all I have for the council, apart from getting a smaller TV.

Playing through its blu ray is not what I meant, however, responds to your question I believe that if the Blu ray can run the movie for what looks good, it means that the player used to display the film to the first need is altered settings that's what you mean by appearance and use of crops in other words, change the settings of the player itself, that I have to do for movies to see, but for different reasons using curdled appearance or reduce the size of the black bars, but not to lose part of the structure as an example of a fast zoom is to use parts of the outer edges of the image is lost that is why we prefer to keep at least some of those black bars present.

To reduce the size of the ripped vob but still retain a bit of worth to compress but do not go below 80% compression and use of a cutting tool to remove the frame and front end eliminating them can save anything from 0 to 500 hPa, you can make use of DVDShrink or improved yet, Nero Recode for this action, however, this can only be done in the main movie, if you say you want to keep the menu intact and any extra is the best thing is the use of DVD, even if you have to divide the movie into two, now that can be done if they wish, throw the trash out front and then cut final frames then compress to avi for use in Xbox or 360, and that's my theory anyway, however, to convert a avi to say that to save space I'm not sure what can be vertical or horizontal go, however, 1.5 GB, 2 GB end of the file size usually give good picture, essentially members could give better advice on that and most likely two or three passes for best results.

Since you have the DVD and can be used as a backup, in which case tears and edit and convert to avi or mkv etc would be the way forward, as it will save space and plenty of it, have a play which I think is or is AutoGK dvdflick, meh one of them makes the conversion to AVI, you need the quality is not a high-resolution screen, but high bitrates once the DVD becomes, if For more expert help send a pm Attar is much more knowledge about these things than me, or you could and I guess that would not break the rule message in the forum thread below and just ask him to read your message and see it reports if he cannot remember the question to see if you can visit the thread, thus not carried out the kidnapping.