Thread: Corsair H70 vs. Noctua NH-D14

Corsair H70 vs. Noctua NH-D14

Friends, I am thinking to purchase a good CPU cooler that can maintain the temperature of my computer. I searched for this on internet and I can see that there are many cpu cooler available and so I got confused that which one will be better for me. Finally I have selected two of them and they are as Corsair H70 and Noctua NH D14. I am going to buy any one of them and so I am posting this thread so that you people can give me some suggestion that which one will be best for me.

Re: Corsair H70 vs. Noctua NH-D14

My thinking about the push/pull system will be pushing hot air towords the case, though in the case of NH-D14 pushes all the heat right throughout the back-fan in the case. You could obtain additional fans intended for the case to forward the hot airflow, but the H70 is more expensive as compared to the NH-D14 and I don't think that it is going to worth it. On the other side, the NH-D14 is huge as compared to other and places a lot of pressure on cpu that I have heard.

I just place a D14 in an advanced 690 on Asus Pro 78 and cover almost the entire top of the board. It looks great when finished with the installation of it but if you have large heat spreaders on the RAM to be forgotten. Get the NH-D14 if you want superior cooling and quiet. Get the H70 is no problem of space, move the case Lanparty, or want to like the sound of jet engines with fans of incredibly strong values. Yes, you can put into quieter fans, but that, but in the neighborhood of $ 120. At that time, I would choose the XSPA Rasa 750.

I have the NH-D14 and have never had a problem with the heatsink break anything and I have to take at a rate of a few places. Moreover, it sounds like a jet engine, another point is that just because the silver arrow to win by one or two degrees does not make it less of a competitor NH-D14 also has a column set to the top flap SA making it compatible with more RAM configurations.

From the Fractal Design, I am having an XL and I can say that you can barely hear the fans (some of them in fact). In addition, two step down adapters integrated to decrease noise even further. When I open the side panel of my case, I can hear the fans. They are very strong indeed. I guess the best fans in H70 could be a decent solution for OP as suggested. I'm pretty against any piece of hardware that removes the functionality of another component to cover the memory slots is a matter quite clear.

I'll just get the H70, if I get new DDR3 RAM I want and I'd buy a new Mobo and I would spend too general. My motherboard and RAM are perfectly fine for this moment and I have much room in my case for the addition of H70 with a shroud. Also, I have SLI GeForce GTX 470 for w / o a bigamist CPU fan that will improve the overall air flow.