Thread: How to install second RW drive

How to install second RW drive

I would like to put an additional rw drive inside my asus cm- 1630 however it simply takes sata connections. The drive I would like to place inside is a dvd rom through the extensive connections in the rear. Except i would like to pay out the money to purchase a sata drive through the cable (not incorporated) is there an adapter that will overpass the 2 connections within the tower. Any information will be much appreciated.

Re: How to install second RW drive

I don’t think so. However for the PSU (which is as well dissimilar) there is an adapter that sets off from the previous standard toward the sata 'flat' style (whatsoever it is named). If your power supply unit is excessively mature to encompass the sata power connectors you can obtain one of those... however except you built the PC and mixed and coordinated principles, afterward the power supply must have sata power connectors from the time when the motherboard has sata data connectors.

Put little pieces of plastic called jumpers or "jumpers". If you do not have another drive that you install, do not touch (the jumper in master position by default, which is to say that the player is alone in this). Otherwise put it in position slave (or slave) by moving the jumper as indicated in the notice of the recorder. If you must move the jumper, make no mistake. There can be only one drive in master position. The combination of master / master is false. The right combination is the master / slave, or if you have a third drive master / slave / slave etc.

To connect the drive cables are special, in which some tracks for one of two available plugs reversed. As far as I understood from the question you forgot to activate the second search drive in the BIOS. Without this drive will not work because the old principles of the bus drivers have not changed to maintain compatibility, so finding the drive in its absence, may take a long time. Thus, the default BIOS settings find the second disk drive is automatically disabled and is not performed. Use the BIOS settings to indicate the presence of both type and possibly the existing drives.

I don’t think that it is a very complicated for you to install a second HDD drive but the main thing is about how it will gonna work. One time the drive has connected to the PC, put the case back onto the PC and power up. Turn on the PC and go into BIOS setup. Authenticate that the IDE tool is configured like Auto otherwise CD Drive. On one occasion established, save the settings and reboot the PC.

The back of the drive is a switch (jumper) put it in position "Slave". Then podkyuchi any IDE-cable, plug power (4-wire cable with a white tip), carefully looking at the form of plug and socket, not trying to insert upside down. Audioshnurok (the thinnest of them) do not need to connect. Then enter the BIOS and put in front of all the devices AUTO. reboot and run. If you have the desire and establishes two different drives (CD and DVD) audio cord that touches on the CD and CD-ROMs you might say the CD-ROM in order not to load the DVD-drive refocusing optical lens.