Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 22-06-2011

Post Microphone jack problem on desktop (help please!)

Hi there!

Recently i built a new computer and there is a problem with the microphone jack.
Whenever i play an online game or record some sound the only thing that is outputted and heard is random crackles. Even when I disconnect the microphone and attempt to record with sound recorder, the problem persists!

I think it is a motherboard/jack problem, so your help is appreciated.
Thanks!
Old 22-06-2011

Re: Microphone jack problem on desktop (help please!)

I think that the jack is coming loose possibly, but I can't think of a way to fix that. Have you tried to duct tape it? Check to see if your sound card needs an updated driver too. Maybe you should try to lower the volume because if you plug an audio cable into something that cannot handle that much noise, it becomes distorted.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,