Thread: Burned backup file from Imgburn, but unable to play

Burned backup file from Imgburn, but unable to play

I am having Xbox with LT+, it is a lite on drive. I am very much fond to backup my favorites, I use imgburn to backup my stuffs. I use the verbatim DVD+R Dual Layer. I have made several other backups, they all work fine, but when I go to burn Madden 2011 and Gears Of War 2, in madden it seems to be loading then gets unreadable. And in GOW 2 it first loads properly, then gets the main menu and when I start the campaign, it goes unreadable. Kindly help me to solve the issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

re: Burned backup file from Imgburn, but unable to play

I don’t think that Imgburn will not burn if you have the game CD/DVD that is copy protected. The Imgburn will not even make any try to copy these Discs. But if you want to copy the content of the original CD’s then it is very simple. Go to the Imgburn and then select the write mode. You can write image files to the disc, after selecting this select the mode and select the ‘write’ mode. After that, insert the blank CD/DVD and then select the file by browsing it, and then click on ‘Write’ button, that’s it, it is 1finished.

You will get the error while loading the games went burnt using the DVD Imgburn. If you are trying to get the backups, it is not possible as it will not be able to carry the backups using Extreme method made in the blank360.iso. The Imgburn will be searching for the data or file in the beginning, but blank360.iso has a series of 0’s filled in it. So when you try to load these types of files it will give you an error message.

You can get one solution for it and that is, you have to make a backup with the wxripper method. By making backups using this method, in the beginning of the image it will contain a video partition. as of the 0’s contained using extreme method. You can apply this to the backups created with the extreme methods by extracting the video partition. You can use it as a blank360.iso by renaming it after you extract it from the video partition.

Once you install the Imgburn software, see that you have the .iso and .dvd files that are present in the game that you wish to make a backup. If you don’t have these files, then you can get it downloaded or can get it by ripping it from the Game Cd which is original. These files have the game data so you must require them. Once you obtain this file, you can copy the number of the layer break by opening the .dvd file. You have to paste this layer break number in the settings of the Imgburn window. After that you can navigate to the home screen and click on the burn from image. After that you follow the steps as you do for writing normal CD’s.

You can also follow one more method if any of them does not work properly, for this you will need to get the PC and the Xbox connected. After connection start the Xbox, you must have to make the other hard disks viewable. There is software called the Qwix, which will help in viewing the games that are stored. All you have to do is to create the image file of the game and then the image file named with extension .ISO will be available. After that just follow the normal steps to burn the DVD.