Thread: Unable to recognize SATA HDD in MSI 890FXA-GD70

Unable to recognize SATA HDD in MSI 890FXA-GD70

I am using computer in which I have MSI 890FXA-GD70 mother board and my my computer was working fine. Before some days I have bought Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB HDD and I want to use this hard disk as my primary hard disk as my old hard disk is not working properly. When I put this new hard disk in my computer and after that when I start the computer at that time my computer does not recognize my hard disk. While installing Linux operating system it not showing my hard disk. Please help me to solve this problem.

Re: Unable to recognize SATA HDD in MSI 890FXA-GD70

If your computer is not recognizing your hard disk then I think three might be some connection issue. first remove the hard disk from your computer and after that connect it again but make sure that you connect all the cables properly with your hard disk and after connecting that start the computer again and then check whether you are getting the same problem or not. I think after doing that you will not get any problem with your hard disk.

According to me you should try to boot the computer with the help of live Linux CD and after that check whether it is able to recognize your hard disk or not. if same problem comes again then try to solve the problem by updating your BIOS. Many times doing BIOS update can fix this type of issues. You should also check that with other hard disk you are getting the same problem or not. try these tricks and check whether you get any help or not.

Are you trying to use this hard disk with the RAID controller then you can follow these steps to fix this problem. First of all you have to set ACHI or IDE mode for your all the IDE controllers and after that use Linux software RAID to create the RAID. Now put grub on all the drivers along with USB. Don’t set RAID mode for any controllers. Now after doing this setting check whether you are getting the same problem or not. I think after doing this setting your computer will detect the hard disk properly.

As you have said in your post I have checked all the connection in my computer with my hard disk and all were fine but after that also I have done all the connections again nut result was same. I have also tried to do setting which is mentioned in above post with my computer and after doing the same also my computer is not recognizing the hard disk. Now please tell me what I should do to fix this. If anyone have any suggestion regarding this then please help me.

If you fail to solve the problem by doing above setting then try this setting to fix this issue. first set the RAID mode to all the controllers except second one and keep other setting as it is. Now after doing that restart the computer and check whether your BIOS showing all the drives or not and also make sure that first you see the hard disk and then your optical drives. If it is done then boot from the CD ROM and make proper file system. I think this will fix the issue.

As you have said in your post that by setting RAID mode to all the controllers except second one I can fix this issue, after reading this I have done exact setting for my computer and now after doing that I have checked whether BIOS is showing all the drives or not and I noticed that it was showing me all the drives. Now all the problems are gone and my system is recognizing my HDD perfectly. Thank you for helping me and solving my problem.