Thread: Can't achieve 6GB/s with sata 3 HHDs

Can't achieve 6GB/s with sata 3 HHDs

Hi, I had just setup my MSI on the 880GMA-e53. To setup this I had use two WD sata, 500 GBs which is configure in raid-0 and use the Marvell SE9128 controller. I’m on the sata port, 7, 8 and I had installed windows xp home edition which is 32bit. Everything is clear in device manager and my computer is nicely responding. Device manager is clear and the pc is nicely responsive. I’m using HD tune which shows 200mb and have sata 2 hdd. I’m using a sata cables which is around 18.i had bios set to IDE and had enable it and set the value to RAID. I had setup it with PhenomII 550 and two cores which is unlocked and had tested in torcher mode using intel burn 8 GBs of OCZ black edition ram and I’m using onboard Seasonic PSU 530 watt.4250 and when I was using the blue wd hdd in my asus M4a78T-E motherboard which raid 0 config and 320gbs each .and I got a same scored as same as with hdd with sata 3s,5.9.

Re: Can't achieve 6GB/s with sata 3 HHDs

Hi, first of all I should remind you that the blue drives are used for energy efficiency and black drive for sheer performance. You also need satall cables. According to you what you had specified you just need to change it to AHCI for ssd drives. And even I got a 5.9 result in win7 even I’m having Black color sataIII 64mb cache 7k+rpm drive, and sata cable can be damage so the new one is more reliable. And 6.0gb/s is just a rated performance of adapter which work only with the longer files but there will be not much difference with the small files. According to me vs 30+ is good for big file.

Hello, according to my knowledge no other hard drive can provide a transfer rate greater then sata II interface. This mean it’s more useful to motherboard for high ssd and hdd. at the same time there is easier to connect with sata II port. Even thought we don’t get a full transfer rate but still it gives you much faster than any other drive. so it’s better to use 3gb/s rather going for 6gb/s.

Hello, sata 6gb/s is not much good as an mechanical hard drives, which is not able to fill the bandwidth as they will be limited with the speed which rotate the data access. I think so 3 GB/s is much more preferable then the 6gb/s. it is most faster than the p4 system which usually use usb1 and sata1 or sataII. So it’s better to use sataII with 3 GB/s rather using 6 GB/s.

Hello, I was really helpful with your information; I had reinstalled it to ide later I will get a sata3 to remove the bottleneck. Will try to search for good EMI qualities. This 6gb/s is not much good till some extend had just copy 1.89gb of data in 20 second which I had transfer the same data in flash drive the difference between the two is just for 20 seconds not much then that. Hope this will surely help you a lot.