Thread: HP and a Matshita UJ-850S are making me silly

HP and a Matshita UJ-850S are making me silly

I have several laptops HP DV2000 which is very nice. There was a DVD Optiarc ad-7561st re ATA device. It was a pleasant trip. My daughter has worked until they died, lightscribe worked fine. HP sent me a unit of exchange. I sent Matshita UJ-850S. The new drive was not recognized as a LightScribe drive no matter what we did. I was on the phone for 2 1 / 2 hours by road, not counting the time online chat with HP. His support had me things that even they could explain to me how to do some of those things that make the difference.

Re: HP and a Matshita UJ-850S are making me silly

Indeed there is a sensor on this unit. However, you can check other HP notebooks with Light Scribe units in them, and equally secure units have the sensor. You can also contact HP and if no response, which may have a problem with your database of parts and having a non-indexed unit of LightScribe drive. Since the frame has a LightScribe logo in it, I would say is a major problem internally rather than an index HP to be out of your database of parts. Something is ideally in the wrong place.

Well I think you must ask the question or post your question on Forums. I did the same thing and you know they provided the pictures for the Light Scribe sensor. This sensor indicates the drive IS a light scribe drive. Seems like an easy sufficient way to check drives to make definite they are actually Light Scribe drives. Plus in searching the web I found other people having issues with this drive not doing light Scribe.

Well I don’t have much idea about this thus I directly contacted to HP. I was hoping that at least they will be able to solve the problem. You know when I posted my query to them, they didn’t even reply back. I waited for many days but still there was no response from them. But one day HP finally replaced my correct lightscribe drive. Waiting for many days was quite annoying. Well you can try the same.

I'm glad you finally have the kind of RHD. Do not try to joke, because I've been using HPs for a while myself, but sometimes the time is better spent trying to repair the damage yourself. In this case, would probably have been easier to get a new slim LS writer of the Internet in your pocket and install it and not bother with HP when HP helps. However, it could take a while and a lot of patience before it happens.