Thread: How do i keep my dvd movies collection onto a hard drive thus play on T.V

How do i keep my dvd movies collection onto a hard drive thus play on T.V

I am a newbie and I would like to know something about the doubts that I have regarding the hard drive, actually I want to copy my DVD movie collection to my external hard drive, so that I can watch them on my T.V. whenever you i like to. In fact I don’t have any hard drive right now I have to buy it for me. But don’t know which company should I prefer? I have a HDMI port on my HDTV, thus I want to play those movies in that. I want to load almost above 500 movie, thus what capacity shall I prefer ? any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: How do i keep my dvd movies collection onto a hard drive thus play on T.V

That’s very good as you are planning to transfer all those movies into the hard drive, as if you don’t do that after sometime all the DVD’s is being corrupted. Thus I would say well, you should buy the hard drive for the computer, and I want to ask you that you have to just store the movies or anything else also? Because according to that we can suggest you the capacity of your hard drive for purchasing. See if you just want to store this movies only, you can have the hard drive up to 500GB, it would be enough, or else you can just increase it according to your need.

You can buy that hard drive from the computer hardware peripheral shop, and off course that would be better rather than to purchase it online, and just give the extra money for delivery charges and some other taxes. If you have any additional port for direct connecting the external hard drive to the TV you should get many hard drives that contains this kind of built in the hard drive itself.

As you just wanted to see the movies through the external hard disk I would say you should buy the HDD work as a media player and off course there are many model available in the market, and through which you can easily connect the hard disk to the HDTV. See come of them are LaCie LaCinema Mini HD Connect High Definition Media Player 301917KUA, or instead you can have iomega ScreenPlay Director 2TB HD Media Player 34653, both of them are very good as I heard, they have the capability to directly connect to the HDTV or some other high definition output peripheral. And the most important about the HDD is like we have to just use the USB cable or the appropriate HDMI cable in order to connect.

I would say first of all make sure that your HDTV has the capability to connect such external hard drives to the TV, or else you have to connect the hard drive VIA the computer. Or if suppose you got that the TV has this kind of ports, then I would say you’re ready to go, and buy the one that has a capacity of at least storing the data of 1TB. I know this would be quite large for you, but I would say as the days passes you may got some new movies too, so if you just bought a HDD that has a capacity of 500GB, then you have to buy another one, which would cost you more.

Yeah exactly the same opinion as the above user, make sure that your TV has the capability to connect the hard drive directly. And if you concern about the model Rosewill is the brand from which you can have the HDD, I have the same, I had got a separate dock for putting the HDD while I connect to my HDTV. It is of 800GB sata in it and Of course the dock has a USB out. Or I would say you can refer the external hard disk buying guide before buying it, but I want to give you some suggestion like buy the HDD with good capacity or afterwards you have to buy another one.