Thread: Unable to find LG GSA GH22 driver

Unable to find LG GSA GH22 driver

Last week I brought a new LG GSA GH22 drive, I know that it supports both SecureDisc and LightScribe. I brought this because this has the ability to write DVD-RW. I have already installed the driver disc that came with the Power DVD, Acrobat Reader, incd and Nero Express. The problem in the CD is that, the CD only contains the Power DVD software and not the rest. The problem is that my device is not been recognizes by the LightScribe compatible drive. I am even having the net Frame 3.5 and running on Windows Vista.

Re: Unable to find LG GSA GH22 driver

I am also running windows Vista in my laptop. I had the same problem with my GH22 internal drive. If you have only this CD drive, then you can go to the device manager and in under “DVD/CD Rom Drives” uninstall everything under that. After uninstalling it reboot your system. After it gets started it will recognize the drive automatically. It seems that it will take a few restarts. I had got the LG GH22NP20 installed in it.

You can make some changes by going into the start and then go on the RUN and type regedit, after typing it click on the OK and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Microsoft>Windows NT>CurrentVersion>Winlogon. You will find the allocatecdroms in the right hand pane. Make the data value to 0. If you dint find the value as 0 then on the allocateroms right click it and select modify. Make the value to zero. Come out of the registry editor. Now you must be able to detect the lightscribe. If you don’t find then do a system reboot. It will really help you.

When I was having the same issue, I thought that it might be because of some viruses it may be causing the issue. So I thought that it might be a serious issue, so I downloaded Super Antispyware and made the complete system scan. After scan I found that there were some of the malware in my system. So I removed those malware and then restarted my system, and found that my drives, light scribe were detected.

What I did was, I firstly uninstalled all the drivers from the Device Manager. After that I even uninstalled my Nero 7 and everything that I downloaded from the lightscribe.com, including the lightscribe labeling software. And all the other software’s for the drive that I installed from the time of installing the driver. I made a system restart and allowed windows to install the drivers it needed. After that I visited the lightscribe website again and then installed the software. Then I ran Lightscribe Diagnostic Utility to make a drive scan which prompted me that the registry value was not set properly. After that it fixed and then restarted.

As I have seen many of the related thread with the similar issues. I found out that there are few things that may be causing the issue, please check the drive as it can be:
    The issue with the drive itself. Or how you have connected it (either internal or external). If you have connected it internally then check the cable position and also the jumper setting of Master/Slave. And, if you have connected it externally, then see to it that you have it as a package and it is also a type of USB Cases.

I had searched on the google for this type of issues, as this can be the only place where you can find the solutions for your issues and found out that, it was the software problem of the LightScribe. I hope this following suggestion would help you to solve your issue. Just download the LightScribe Diagnostic Utility from the official site and run it. It will repair all the registry key values of the software, after the scan is complete click on the button below it. It will prompt you to restart your system. Then you will find that your drivers would be detected now.