Thread: DVD writer read CD and DVD but does not write

DVD writer read CD and DVD but does not write

I have Windows XP operating system. When I insert DVD or CD my DVD-writer read my DVD or CD but not write DVD or CD.I am facing this problem since a week. My DVD writer is Samsung TSST Corp CDDVDW SH-223F.I need your help to solve this problem. Please do the needful as soon as possible so that I can write my important documents on DVD and CD for backup.

Re: DVD writer read CD and DVD but does not write

Windows XP is a nice operating system. You can solve this problem by installing Nero 6 in your system. Nero 6 is a DVD and CD burning software i.e. you can write your DVD and CD using it. It also gives better quality of burning. While burning no problems from start to finish will arise and the settings can be ready to accept a blank disc when it is inserted into the drive. Another advantage is that you can install plugins for Nero 6. These plugins provide additional audio format support. You can get this Nero 6 and plugins from official websites. Download it first and then install. Your problem will be solved.

Another alternative way to solve this problem is updating firmware for your Samsung DVD writer drive. Updating firmware for your drive means it can fix problems and burn more brands of DVD-R, DVD+R or CD-R discs, more accurately, and usually faster. Once burned with this newer updated firmware, they will also play back with fewer errors on DVD players. This firmware will be available on official sites of the manufacturer. Find the version of the firmware you wish to download, and click on the Download Location link. This will take you to the manufacturer's website where the firmware resides. Manufacturers generally provide detailed instructions on how to install the firmware.

Solve this by going to my Computer select the DVD drive then right click for properties, choose AutoPlay after that from the drop down choose Blank CD or DVD, then chose what you want the driver to do. For example you can choose open writeable CD Folder using windows explorer. Your CD will be burned as you asked the driver to do. This way you can burn CDs and DVDs again. Know you can easily write your important documents on DVD or CD for back-up.

nirma1230 Guest

i also faced the problem but when i change my window its solve, you must change your window first hope it will recover,

adam0718 Guest

Try DVD Author Plus, it will backup, copy, and burn your video and data DVD's and ISO files. It is totally free, easy to use and works perfectly.