Thread: how to re Format WD Elements 1.5 TB Drive for Mac.

how to re Format WD Elements 1.5 TB Drive for Mac.

Hello friends, I had bought a western Digital i.e. WD Elements 1.5 TB External hard drive few days ago and I’m using a Mac OSX 10.5.x (Leopard).I’m having a problem in reformatting my hard drive which is an factory formatted and I don’t know how to format it as I’m not very much good in computer so if someone guides me how format my external hard drive step by step I would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: how to re Format WD Elements 1.5 TB Drive for Mac.

Even I’m having the same problem but my operating system is Mac OSX 10.4 (Tiger) and I it really help me. just follow the step click left key two times on your Internal Mac drive and then choose application and then double click on Disk Utilities from Utilities now choose the drive you need to partition and format. Basically there are two listing if you have more then one partition now click on option and select choose Apple Partition Map and Then click on Ok and then change the Format to Mac OS Extended (Journal) now click on partition. You will get box giving the message then click on partition. When it is done the bar will go.

Same here but my configuration is Windows XP home edition PC with SP2 installed and I had purchased 2 x Western Digital Elements 2TB External Hard Drive Hi Speed USB which is company formatted so I tried to reformat it through my computer and right click on drive and click on quick format which gives an error Windows was unable to complete the format. I had also use windows "diskmgmt.msc" to format it which show healthy but after few hour again I got a same error can anyone help me.

I know how to do it in window XP hope you get some help from this 1st right click on my computer and left click on manage you will see computer management screen in that you will see two panes of window on right side maximize your window to see all drivers then scroll down and right click on blue bar and select delete partition you will get a popup menu asking for the permission to delete it or no click yes and bar will become black then right click on black bar for option then select new partition. Now click on next to proceed and choose primary partition and click on next choose the letter that u want to have then click on next. Just check that your file system is NTFS. Now click on perform a quick format and click on next. When the formatting is done that bar will become blue.

Hello, I have same configuration to format the drive just follow these steps. Double click Internal Mac drive select Internal Mac drive and then in application select utilities from Disk Utilities. Now u get a screen from that chose a drive which ever you want to format then check for Volume Scheme drop down it and click on 1 partition from that select the option and tick on Apple Partition Map and then click on ok now change the format to Mac OS Extended (Journal) and then click on apply after that accept the condition and proceed you will a status bar, when it is done drive will be listed on desktop.