Thread: Amilo Pi 3660 Blue Ray Player not working

Amilo Pi 3660 Blue Ray Player not working

I have bought Amilo Pi 3660 laptop and this laptop has HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CT10N blue ray drive. My laptop was working perfectly. I have formatted my whole laptop because of virus issue and after that I have installed windows 7 in my laptop. Now my laptop is working properly but when I have tried to play one movie Disk which was a blue ray but my blue ray drive is not recognizing this. Please tell me what I should do to fix this problem. Anyone have any idea then please help me.

Re: Amilo Pi 3660 Blue Ray Player not working

First of all I would like to suggest you that you need to first check that in which player you are trying to play this disc? I think you should first try to update the media codec’s. Sometimes due to missing codec’s our system cannot play some movies. That is why you should try to solve this problem by updating the codec’s in your computer and after that check whether you are getting the same problem or not? if you still want any more information then please let me know.

According to me you have to first check that whether the disc which you are trying to play in your laptop is working with other drives or not? first insert the same disc in other blue ray drive and after that check whether that drive is properly reading that disc or not? if that drive also gives the same problem then I think there is something wrong with your disc and your drive is ok. And if that drive is able to play that properly then there might be some fault on your drive.

As far as I know some blue ray disc comes with the "BD +” features (copy protection) and this type of discs we cannot play in all types of drive. that is why I will suggest you that first check that the disc which you are trying is not having this kind of protection. If you have any blue ray disc player around you then first check that disc working with that or not, because this type of disc mostly work perfectly with the blue ray player. I think this idea will help you to detect the exact problem.

There may be some dust on your drive lens and that can be reason because of which you are not able to play any disc in your drive. First of all you have to clean the lens properly. You can also use the lens cleaner disc to clean the lens. Now after cleaning the lens insert that disc again in your drive and after that check whether your laptop is able to play that or not? You can also try to fix this problem by reinstalling its driver also. try both the tricks and may be after that your problem get solved.

I have checked my Disc with other blue ray drives and it was working perfectly with other drives. Now after that I have insert the lens cleaner disc in my drive and after that cleaned my lens but then also I didn’t get any result. I have also checked normal disc with my drive but it is not recognizing that also. I have also installed the updated driver in my laptop but after that also still facing the same problem. I think my blue ray drive has damaged and I am thinking to replace it. is it safe to do this at home?

As you have mentioned in your above post that your disk is working properly with other drives and other players and you have also tried to solve this problem by doing the lens cleaning then I think there might be some problem with your laptop or with your blue ray drive. I think you have to give your laptop to the laptop company and after that you have ask them for solution. According to me you will get the proper solution regarding this problem in service center.