Thread: Windows 7 lacks DVD drivers when MSI 890FXA-GD65 configured for RAID 0

Windows 7 lacks DVD drivers when MSI 890FXA-GD65 configured for RAID 0

I am using the above mentioned configuration and as it was my first built I did a severe fault by screwing the board straight to the case exclusive of the spacers. The system starts up but after some time the hard drive crashes. But now I have put the spacers and I found that board is not damaged permanently; it still works and detects the hardware’s. SO now I want to configure my two hard drives for RAID 0, so when I put board in RAID mode then windows 7 doesn’t detect my DVD drives. So what shall I do in order to get detect the DVD drives.

Re: Windows 7 lacks DVD drivers when MSI 890FXA-GD65 configured for RAID 0

If it was your new built or you were doing this for first time then you should have taken a bit care in assembling that hardware’. So as you found that your motherboard haven’t gone faulty and it also detects all your hardware components, so definitely you are lucky that you didn’t got any component damaged. So you don’t have to worry regarding your motherboard as you are able to boot with the windows operating system.

If you are not able t o set the RAID 0 for your hard drives then you need to install drivers needed for configuring RAID for your computer. So for that you need to take all these drivers to your flash drives and then when you configure the RAID then you will have to plug in this flash drive so that these drivers could be used to configure or install the RAID system for your hard disk. This way you would be able to install or setup RAID on your computer.

As you can see the no component is damaged and also you are able to boot with windows, so now you just need to look for your DVD drive problem as it is not getting detected. You have configured your two hard drives for RAID 0 mode and your DVD drive is not getting detected might be because it is also attached to a port which is configured for RAID. So in order to get back your DVD drive working or detected you need to attach it to the port which has not been set to RAID.

You may try certain steps which might help you in detecting your drive. So go to device manager and from the list select ATA/ATAPI controllers, there you need to select that drive and remove the check of enable DMA, and after this restart your computer. Then after also ensure the SATA or RAID option is enabled in BIOS, so just go through the advanced BIOS settings and under SATA controller you have to enable the same in order to detect your drives as you want.