Thread: can't install cinema or blueye webcams

can't install cinema or blueye webcams

Hello, Hoping someone can help me please. I have been unable to install the two webcams that I have.
    Firstly there is the Microsoft Life cam Cinema. It goes through the process and then the message comes up “that the driver install file for this device is missing a necessary entry This may be because the INF was written for windows 95 or later. Contact your hardware vendor.”
    When I click on the camera shortcut a black screen comes up saying no camera is connected. However when I click on the camera in my computer it is working and also when I use the test in Skype the camera works but the microphone test does not. When I check the sound section device manager there is yellow spot with an exclamation mark next to the Cinema .If I click on this to update driver it searches and I see it says Asolay.ax from c windows system32.It then comes up with the same message as I had at the start i.e. Driver install missing entry etc. I have also tried downloading the software from site.
    Completed an uninstall.
    The second webcam I tried was the Blueye 2 which does not come with a disk. It states driver not installed Code 28. When I check the sound section in device manager it has a yellow? and when I try to install it searches and says cannot find the necessary software.
    Once again the camera works when I click in my computer and in the Skype test but no sound.
    Windows XP home ed.

re: can't install cinema or blueye webcams

i think you have not installed the perfect driver on your system and so therfore i woudl like to suggest you to update your driver and after that tyr to install the webcam. you said that you yellow clour on your device manger and so i woudl like to suggest you to update the driver.