Thread: Keyboard and mouse freezes while installing Windows XP

Keyboard and mouse freezes while installing Windows XP

I am having some problem with my computer and so I am thinking to do the clean install of the Windows XP to it. But I am failed to do that. Actually whenever I try to do that then after loading all the setup files, the keyboard and mouse freezes and for that reason I failed to proceed further. I tried to do that many of the times but all the times it shows me the same thing. Can you please tell me that why this is happening to me and how can I get it resolved? I need quick replies on this so please reply as early as possible.

Re: Keyboard and mouse freezes while installing Windows XP

You will have to reinstall the driver that is similar for the keyboard and mouse in most of the cases. Or you be able to install two detach drivers meant for the keyboard and mouse. If for any motive you do not like modification then you can go back to earlier driver lying on both devices that probably will be reinstalled properly. This is just the thing that I can suggest you for now and I hope that reinstalling the driver will solve the problem for you. Good Luck!!!

Try one thing. Just disconnect all the peripherals from your computer except the keyboard, mouse and monitor. Once you are done with that then you can try to install the Windows XP once again to see if that is showing you the same problem again. If the problem is due to any of the other hardware attached then this time you will not get the problem and it will get installed without any problem. So before moving to any big solution, you should try to do these basic things.

The Windows XP CD that you are using might be corrupted and for that reason you are facing this problem. So the simplest thing that you can try to do is to make a new CD of it and with a fresh copy of setup and then install from that CD. It is one of the most possible reasons that can be true in your case so it will not be bad idea to give it a try and see if that helps you. I wish that you will be out of the problem after this.

Thank you so much for your quick replies. The problem was with the CD that I was using. I thing that some of files in that was missing and that was creating the problem for the installation. I tried with a new bootable CD and it did its work without any problem. Anyway, thank you all again for replying this and I wish that the other ideas given in this thread will be useful to the users searching for the same.