Thread: Canon PIXMA MP560 not printing on Black and Yellow

Canon PIXMA MP560 not printing on Black and Yellow

I am trying to use Canon PIXMA MP560 on my Windows XP pc. I am having a bit issue with using this printer. I want to print black and white only. But it is not working. When I try to do that I am getting a empty cartridge error on the screen. This is bit weird. The cartridge is half full and I had not used it. How can fix this problem. I cannot go for refill, a lot of ink in it will be wasted.

Looks the cartridges are dried out due to which you are getting that message. You have to clean the nozzles. And then test back. That will be enough to fix the issue. You can use a soft cloth with bit of alcohol to wipe the edges of your cartridge. This removes the accumulated ink from the top side and the printer will start functioning back. Just try this thing and see what output you are getting.

Re: Canon PIXMA MP560 not printing on Black and Yellow

Many printer comes with a pc software. This software has a feature of calibrating. You have to run that. You can use WD40 to clean the nozzles. I use when my printer fails to print. Use a dry cloth. Do not use wool or any other stuff. I think tissue paper will be more better. Just rub that and clean the edges. Once done you can go ahead with calibrating and done.

I got this issue on my color printer. There was a bit ink leakage in the printer due to which I was getting the problem. I had tried a set of various thing but nothing worked. Sometime the clogged nozzles fails to work properly. It is good to with a new one. And try to take printout a regular time interval. So that your printer must keep on working. It is also better if you can directly refill it.