Thread: I have a question regarding CPU throttling

I have a question regarding CPU throttling

Hi guys I have an Intel Pentium E5400 and I realized it was a feature called C1E in the BIOS. Basically, I have heard that reduces the clock speed when idle and not under a heavy load. But I heard that causes problems for some people I decided to disable. Now my question is I see a greater consumption of energy? As I thought it only uses more energy when the CPU is under load? That clock speed is independent of that right is it?

Re: I have a question regarding CPU throttling

It must be, at least marginally, decreased draw when activated. I think that reduces the determined values of voltage, and reducing the multiplier - the opposite of what he would do if overclocked. That said, it's a good idea to disable when overclocking, often leads to BSODs. Try it, however if it works without errors, then good for you. You will see lower temperatures at idle and maybe lower the consumption. Depending primarily on the amount of time your computer goes idle however, if it freezes after enabling, to go right back on and off! Not worth the hassle.

Temps ahead look the same even if you change or not. I've never done probably has a BSOD on the clock values. And I have a BSOD after overclocking to 3 GHz or 3.6 GHz to 2.93 GHz seems stable, but not worth the risk and discomfort, so I prefer to keep in stock. It was not yet reduced C1E overclocking. In fact, I let the PC expects me to say that 60% of the time spent / on. I think it would be worthwhile to switch? Since I like to get a better overall performance with him out, because the CPU is at full speed at all times.

Now when OC'd to 3.6 GHz my highest temperature reached was in the mid-50 when stressed at full load for 2 hours, okay for my CPU? Follow the automatic fan speeds, and it works quite well and active at the correct temperature and speed on the right. I got off to 65C, so it would cause the BSOD as well? I guess it could keep shares C1E disabled. 65W is not generally a large amount of power consumed and notes that fewer than expected anyway right time? And 65W x 1.33 (33%) increased clock right = 85W? Or does not work that way? I knew my mother would not let me mess with voltage settings of CPU, so I think it is set to auto? Because I said it's bad to be in order for an OC, as it only feeds voltage to your satisfaction. Or would the stock voltage of all time?

See, basically Watts=Potential difference*amperes. You might have learned this formula in school days. So the power draw from PSU is dependent on two factors: the voltage of a given component, and the current. So basically the current is dependent on the load. Let us consider an example say a Hard disk may be kept idle at around 0.6A and drawn from 12v rail. Thus 12 * 0.6 = 7.2. So this is basically 7.2w.

Well I don’t have any idea on what amps my CPU run at. I guess my Hiper 425W would power a decent Quad, so an overclocked E5400 shouldn't trouble it. I guess speed step and C1E is kind of useless unless the PC is idle a lot or is a portable device. But Intel likes green, so they whack it in every processor. So I think you must ask your problem with some expert and I hope only they will be able to solve your problem.