Thread: keyboard shortcut of Belkin 2 Port Kvm Switch

keyboard shortcut of Belkin 2 Port Kvm Switch

I am having computers at my office and I control few computers. I need to switch between these computers. So in order to have organized process I used Belkin KVM switch. I like this device and through this device I can control the computers as needed using a single keyboard. What I have to do is to press manual button of this switch and I get the screen I want. So I want to know any such keyboard shortcut for this so this would make the process easier.

Re: keyboard shortcut of Belkin 2 Port Kvm Switch

Yes I also think that belkin KVM switch is more useful in such a case. The thing that you want is that you want to switch the monitors by pressing any key and not by pressing the manual button. This is called hot key command and also been called as keyboard shortcut combination. So you could find the same over Belkin support and look for the hot keys as you need and then use these keys in order to switch between the monitors connected to belkin KVM switch.

I don’t know about this properly but I found that there is no mouse or keyboard control offered with KVM switch may be because it creates some errors. If the switch is made to switch to the next port or monitor then you should not interrupt it using the keyboard or mouse. Because this interrupt communication caused between the computers and Switch may be due to unpredictable keyboard
    movement or also due to certain characters typed using the keyboard.

As you want to switch between monitors using a keyboard shortcut, so that by pressing this shortcut you would be able to do the same and KVM switch should react to that shortcut whenever pressed. So for that you can switch directly to some port that you want by just pressing the Switch port number. When you would press a particular number then KVM switch would directly switch to that. So just press scroll lock and then number in order to switch to that particular port.

The main thing in order to switch between the monitors using KVM switch you would press particular number key. But here the scroll key should be ON. So when you press scroll lock key then the LED around it would turn ON and OFF. So always ensure that the LED is ON and then press number key. If the LED is OFF that means scroll lock is OFF so KVM would not recognize the signal and thus you won’t be able to switch between the monitors using keyboard.

I have found that you could switch between the ports by using the Scroll lock key. For that you need to double tap that key and then you have to use up or down arrow key. You could even use the auto scan mode if you want to switch between ports. If you enable this mode then the ports would get switch within eight seconds. I don’t know whether the second’s interval could be changed but it is helpful if you want to look through all the monitors in regular intervals.