Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to move PC parts from a micro case to an tower ATX case?

Hardware Peripherals

Old 03-06-2011

How to move PC parts from a micro case to an tower ATX case?

hello people. I am a beginner and I am unaware of the things , hence thought to ask some experienced people out there. Basically, thing is that I owe a hp dc5100ssf and was thinking if it is probable to merely alter each and every of the parts over to a mini tower devoid of purchasing any additional parts. Any help friends. Thanks in advance for helping as I indeed appreciate it on a very high note.

Old 03-06-2011

re: How to move PC parts from a micro case to an tower ATX case?

I have a comparable model to that along with a Pentium 4 540 moreover from the looks of the layout it does not give the impression of being likely. In view of the fact that itís a diminutive form factor case, the motherboard was almost certainly custom intended. It is the way I feel about it. So undersized respond, on a whole, the no itís almost certainly not potential. I know it is not the way you were looking for but thatís the way things are. Thank You.
Old 03-06-2011

Hey thanks a lot for such a wonderful reply. I did not expect such a fast answer and have to say it was a really nice answer.. Anyways, I would like to say that in case I get a another motherboard will that resolve it otherwise what sort of upgrading can be done , its p4 3.6 ht 2gb random access memory, I wish to upgrade the graphics card. Will that be probable in my desktop? I am sorry if I am wrong but as I am a newbie to this and I am still learning.
Old 03-06-2011

Is your current desktop the Small Form Factor Model which looks like a big DVD(or VCR) player or the Microtower (PC looking) one. You're CPU isn't TOO bad although starting all over with a new system would be better. So basically that Motherboard + Case you have at the moment merely fit each other, not anything else. So if you acquire a new Motherboard you'll need a new Case. The motherboard would reuse your current Hard Drive + 3.6GHz CPU + RAM + DVD Drive. You'd need the motherboard and new Case + Powersupply.
Old 03-06-2011

Also you wanted a graphics card too right? A graphics card like this would suite the system, just don't get anything in addition commanding for the reason that your CPU will restricted access to it. Anything below a HD5570/GT240 is fine. I would recommend you a Corsair CX400 or CX430 for this system because its good and decently priced. As for case that is your personal preference. That is a mATX motherboard so it will fit any MIDI Tower, mATX, ATX, Desktop cases.
Old 03-06-2011

Any traditional motherboard will continue to be a normal requirement. Even if it is a somewhat more bespoke spec. Subsequent to goggling it, and I could simply find 100x100 pics mind, it absolutely appears mATX to me. mATX boards can vary from 171x171 up to 244x244mm.Nevertheless it has three expansion slots, consequently it is not mITX or smaller. It will be reliant on the case, nevertheless it ought to fit. After all, they wish for your gear in their case. It may seem converse to what you'd expect, but if you buy a mATX case, it's more likely it'll fit
Old 07-06-2011

Re: How to move PC parts from a micro case to an tower ATX case?

I wish to give my inputs to you, which will surely help you. See, if it's a larger form factor case, then it has the scope to fit a much wider range of motherboards. If the mobo tray had fittings [read: screw holes] for all of those types, it'd be nothing more than a mesh! So instead of that, they'll just provide options for the most common. So you'll find full sized mATX, ATX, and for the larger cases, EATX. And a few other variations.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , ,