Thread: Is XFX 650W XXX Modular PSU nice?

Is XFX 650W XXX Modular PSU nice?

I am thinking to build up a new computer and have got majority of the bits, now I am in wait of the gfx card and will be obtaining a psu very soon. Can someone tell me whether the PSU is nice or not ? Or someone can recommend me any additional modular psu around £90. My PC spec is -AMD II 955 Black edition,Asus M4A77D Pro Motherboard, 4GB 1333mhz corsair ram,XFX Ati 6950 2gb. Friends any help will indeed be appreciated on a very high note. Thanks in advance. Take Care.

Re: Is XFX 650W XXX Modular PSU nice?

At that value range for a 650w modular psu you are essentially spoilt for alternative. But I would be purchasing the Corsair HX650w. Barely any ripple on the 12v rail, single 12v rail and 7 year warranty. You can't really argue with that. You are supposed to find it around £80-£90. Specially intended to maintain numerous, high-end graphic adapters .Single, high-power +12V rail eliminates the problems associated with multiple +12V power distribution . Industrial grade components insure high reliability and long life

Even though all wires are 18 AWG (the correct gauge to be used), inside the power supply pairs of +12 V wires are connected into a solitary wire, which is not high-quality. The alike happens with ground wires. Concerning the gpu though, In no doubt you would not rather get 2x5850's in Crossfire. I will advocate a 700w psu although. Two of these will go further than a solitary GTX 580, and together can be had for £200 or else around there. A lone 6950 will set you back approximately in the identical amount of currency.

The cables incorporated are, Major motherboard cable along with a 20/24-pin connector which is 21 5/8” or 55 cm, enduringly attached to the power supply. One cable along with two ATX12V connectors that jointly form one EPS12V connector,21 5/8” or 55 cm, enduringly attached to the power supply. There is single cable along with individual EPS12V connector which is 21 5/8” or 55 cm, lastingly attached to the power supply. One supplementary power cable for video cards along with solitary six-pin connector which is 21 5/8” or 55 cm, everlastingly attached to the power supply.

Speaking of being dissimilar, it appears that this unit is styled precisely similar to the 850W model .I reviewed before, which as it turned out didn't exactly set my heart on fire with desire. I am still not certain about the blinding green color of that fan. I will say it is pleasant to be able to effortlessly observe the modular cable connectors, however, even in this candlelight. Why, I bet I could put out all but one candle, hold it up to that large green fan, furthermore light the complete house with it awaiting the power comes back on again.

Looking at the above answers, I feel that you must have got more than sufficient information. From my side, I would like to tell that XFX 650 W XXX Edition is 6 19/64” (160 mm) deep, making use of a 140 mm fan on its underside and vigorous PFC circuit, certainly. The reviewed power supply characteristic a modular cabling system along with eight connectors, although many of of the cables are everlastingly attached to the power supply. These cables encompass nylon sleevings that approach from within the power supply unit.

Hey dude, I would like to tell you that there are numerous videos available regarding the XFX 650W XXX Modular PSU. It has been indeed explained in a very nice way. I really believe you should have a look at them . I am saying this from my personal experience. You will clearly understand the scheme of the things. I am hoping that you follow my advice and pursue the videos which I have told you, as it will surely enlighten your knowledge. Thanks a lot.