Thread: Need information about NZXT H2 Classic Silent Case

Need information about NZXT H2 Classic Silent Case

I am planning to get a new system in near future and have been gathering information about different peripherals for my new system. I recently came across this particular latest H2 Classic Silent case/cabinet of NZXT. At first glance, it looked pretty much attractive to me as it was different from other cases because of its completely white color. So I was interested in knowing some more details about the same. Please help me gathering more and more useful information about the case as it will help me get my new system as early as possible.

Re: Need information about NZXT H2 Classic Silent Case

NZXT is a very well known name in the computer accessory market. I searched about the H2 Classic Silent Case on Internet and I must say after seeing the images, I also went falling for it. The looks are very attractive. I have read it, that the front and the side panels of the H2 Classic Silent Case consists of sound absorbing foam which are capable of reducing the noise level to some considerable level. So it is a very good choice of you if you are planning to go for the NZXT H2 Classic Silent case

Specifications of the NZXT H2 Classic Silent case
    • Case Size - Mid Tower
    • Material - Steel, Plastic
    • Size (W x H x D)

---- 8.5 x 18.3 x 20.4 Inches
    ---- 215 x 466 x 520 mm
    • Color

---- White, also available in black
    • Motherboards Supported - Micro ATX, Standard ATX
    • Motherboard Tray - No
    • Drive Bays

---- 3x 5.25" External
    ---- 8x 3.5 / 2.5" Internal
    • Expansion Slots 7 Front I/O Ports

---- 1x USB 3.0
    ---- 3x USB 2.0
    ---- 1x Headphone
    ---- 1x Microphone
    • Fans

---- 2x front 120mm, 1200rpm (included)
    ---- 1x rear 120mm 1200rpm (included)
    ---- 1x top 140mm (optional)
    ---- 1x bottom 120mm (optional)
    • CPU Heatsink Compatibility - 170mm tall
    • VGA Compatibility - 270mm (10.6 in) wide, 310mm (12.2 in) without HDD

Features of NZXT H2 Classic Silent Case
    • The case has got a Touch powered fans along with a fan filter which makes sure the maintenance and swapping of fans remain simple and easy.
    • It has 30W 3-step fan control in it. This will allow the user to change the airflow settings at 40%, 70%, and 100% of maximum fan speed
    • It has got the USB 3.0 port thus helping the system to perform all the up to date function
    • The HDDs are Front facing. This will make sure that you get an optimal airflow
    • Noise dampening foam and a top magnetic fan makes sure that you receive minimum PC noise
    • The case has got sufficient 25mm space at the back of the motherboard for cable management

Exterior Looks of of NZXT H2 Classic Silent Case
    The front side of the case is mostly made of aluminum thus making it look super cool. NZXT case is provided with removable dust filter which will help to keep the inside area of the case, dust free. Both the sides of the H2 case are solid white panel which looks normal as there is no fancy design made on it. But when u look the inside of the panels, you will observe that they are covered with a foam which absorbs sound and vibrations. The top of the H2 Classic is very basic and you will find three USB 2.0 ports and one USB 3.0 port, a fan controller, audio connectors and power/reset buttons.

Motherboard speaker, screws, several zip ties, vibration reducing washers and a manual is provided when you purchase NZXT H2 Classic Silent Case. On opening the side panels of the H2 Classic you will notice that it has to capacity to connect 8 Hard Drives along with another drive on top in the hot swap bay. Installing hard drives in it is very easy. What you need to do is just open the front panel and remove any of the two fans. Installation of Motherboard is also very simple and we can hide most of the cables either at the space behind the Motherboard or space under the drive bays.

The NZXT H2 Classic Silent Case is among most stylish cabinets I have come across in recent times. And its capacity to carry 8 internal hard drives along with an additional drive in the hot swap bay makes it an exceptionally good choice. It has the capacity to become a very good home file server system. And the best feature of this case is its ability to absorb sound with the help of sound absorbing foam on both the internal side of its panel. It makes the user feel as if its system is literally turned off.