Thread: My Quad Core Fails while playing games.

My Quad Core Fails while playing games.

Hey I am using a computer that runs windows 7 64-bit. My processor is Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 of 2.33 GHz. Also I have a 6GB DDR3 RAM. I am using GeForceGTS 450 1GB DDR5 super clocked graphics card. The problem is I am not able to play Dawn of war 2, dead rising 2 on anything. But the lowest settings without any slowdowns and sound clipping. The game which I can currently play on high or medium for a more than 30 minutes is star craft 2. Please anyone help me out, as I am getting frustration because I have invested lots of money into this thing (graphic card and power supply).

Re: My Quad Core Fails while playing games.

Kindly check your Power Supply Unit and also see to it that it is supplying correct voltage required. If it is problem with your PSU then it can be easily managed. I would like to know that which brand and model is your current Power Supply Unit? If you don’t know that its fine, you can read it from the sticker on the Power Supply Unit and inform me how many Amps does it provides to the 12V line.

Might be your game is consisting of some viruses or bugs. First try to remove viruses from your system and then install another fresh copy of the game that you’re facing problem with. I hope this method should work correct. Sometimes it may happen that your game is not containing all the required files or might be your drivers do not meet the specification of the game. Try updating your driver and then check it out.

You should not face any problem playing the game on the medium settings. The only limiting factor for game is the graphics card, but in your case it is well and good. One of my friend has a Single Core Pentium 4.32 GHz + 7600GT and was able to play Dawn of War 2 very well. Just check out whether you have installed all the drivers and also updated it or not. If not then install all the drivers and then try to play it again. It should work.