Thread: I have a question regarding case fans

I have a question regarding case fans

Hi friends I have a computer with having configuration such as Celeron 440 2GHz, 80 GB of Hard Disk and 2 GB DDR2 RAM. I basically have 2 x 80mm of case fans which is attached at the back and on the top of the other. As you can see the figure I have drawn. So my question is that do you think that I should have 2x fan blowing air or should I try for 2x fan drawing air in or out. Also both of them work on 2400rpm. Please need suggestions.

Re: I have a question regarding case fans

Well do you have any more fans what are already in your case like any at the front etc? I think you should have one blowing in and one blowing out to create a cycle of air. I have the same thing. While one fan is bringing in fresh air from outside the computer the other fan is getting rid of the old air and also your amazing technical diagram is a nice work. Well you can try this out which I have shown you.

Well I think you must try one in and one out technique. Now as observing your diagram I can see that you require a constant and good airflow from your CPU. Now if you have fans that that pushes the air outside due to single direction. Also if the air gets pushed inside your CPU is also not a good a thing. So I would prefer you to install fan in such a way that it takes in air in one direction and pushes it in other direction.

What exactly you want. Also how many case fans you require. You provide more information regarding this. Also I am not able to understand the diagram you have drawn. You can take pictures of your CPU and post it here. Well I will prefer you to put the fans in the back of the case so as to exhaust the air from the top of the case. But do you want to exhaust air from the top of the case?

Removing the window and lower temperatures and allow for better airflow. I do not think it would demolish need for a fan to draw air in. So you only need to exhaust the hot air with the case fans. Well, it's hard to say, as it can go either way. In some cases, removing the windows of the screws on the path which the air flows. But in other cases, allowing fresh air elsewhere. So I'm not sure it's the best option. I will try it and then see how it goes.

I agree it seems like a great idea in theory. But when you think about it, some physical law states that matter most water is the common example that follows the path of least resistance. It is easier for the fan to extract air directly from outside, and push it out again - do not move the air in the center of the case, and around hot components. My advice to you is to just leave it as it is. I hope this may work out for you.