Thread: Sound Card Not Working only clicking sound is coming

Sound Card Not Working only clicking sound is coming

I am using computer in which i have Asus mother board and 4GB Ram. I was using windows vista in my computer and after that I have installed windows 7 in my computer. After installing the windows 7 all the things are working properly. But after some time I noticed that only clicking sound is coming and I am not able to hear any other sound. System startup sound also not coming. Please tell me what I should do to fix this issue. thank you in advance.

Re: Sound Card Not Working only clicking sound is coming

I have referred your problem and I think you should try to solve this problem by doing this trick. First completely uninstall the sound driver from your system and after that restart the computer. Now after doing that insert the driver CD again in your system. Now install the sound driver again in your computer and after that restart the computer again. I think after doing that you will not face any problem with your system. I hope this trick will fix your issue.

I have gone through your issue and I think there is some problem with your sound card and that is why I would like to tell you that first check your sound card is working properly or not? you can check it by inserting some other sound card I your computer and after that start the computer and then check whether sound is coming properly or not? If sound is coming properly after that then I think there is something wrong with your sound card only. I hope this will help you to detect exact problem.

As you have said in your post I have uninstalled the sound driver from my computer and after that I restart the computer and installed the sound driver again in my computer but after doing that also same problem was coming. After that I also checked the system by inserting other sound card in my system and also install the drivers according to that sound card, but that sound card also gives the same problem. Now please tell me what should I do? Any help will be appreciated.

If you have tried all the above mentioned steps and none of the solution works for you then I think you have to try this trick to fix your problem and after that you will not get any issue with your system. You have to download the windows 7 supported sound drivers for your system and after downloading that uninstall the old drivers from your system. Now after that install the new drivers and after that you will get proper sound from your computer. I hope this idea will be useful for you.