Thread: Why is the pc not booting after the power cut off?

Why is the pc not booting after the power cut off?

I am having this problem with my computer – I have this gigabyte motherboard and few days back I have updated the bios of my motherboard from F5 to F8k which I downloaded from the internet from the gigabyte’s website. I did this because I wanted to upgrade my CPU from phenom 2 955/965 and the latest version of the bios allows installing the am3 CPU’s also. I have first time updated the bios from windows then restarted it but it didn’t boot. Cleared cmos, then entered bios -qflash- installed the old bios back, everything back to normal. After that I tried upgrading to the newest version with qflash. Upgrade process went fine then I restarted loaded factory setting in the bios then restarted this time the os loaded I checked in the CPU-Z showed no new bios –F8k. the real problem is that every time I unplug the system and then reconnect it then if I press the on/off button the computer doesn’t start the fans are on the had is on and then the cd-rom make sound and then the system is restarting again and again. Using the jumper if I reset the bios then the computer boots and everything goes fine, but once the power is cut then it again gives problem until I reset the bios using the jumper. Then I finally disassembled the computer then checked the whole computer leaving only on ram and a video card still there was the same problem. So guys please help me with this.

Re: Why is the pc not booting after the power cut off?

Even I had the same problem so I wrote to the gigabyte and they sent back me some steps: turn off the power, then from the PSU remove the power cord, then short the battery using a metal pin or else remove the cmos battery and keep it like that for about 10mins. Then put the battery in the holder. Connect the power supply cable back. Turn the system on. And now if the bios loads back then enter the bios and load the default settings for the bios. Then save the changes by pressing the f10 key. And then restart the system. Try this, best of luck.

I suggest you to replace your CMOS battery with a new one. As the battery is necessary to give power to the CMOS chip when the computer is off. The information about the system configuration is stored in this chip. The settings are preserved with the help of this chip. The settings for the updated bios will not be remembered if this chip is gone bad. The factory settings are restored if the chip is taken out, and it is already stored when you flash back to the old one. You must use the qflash if you wan to go back from F8k to F5.

I think you can easily find the exact problem if you try troubleshooting it in the proper way. I usually trouble shoot the hardware problem by totally disassembling the computer and then assemble it again by slowly putting back the one by one during this if you encounter the problem then you will easily come to know which of the hardware or which of the part is really creating or causing the problem. Then you can test that part by swapping it with any of the working computer and you will easily come to know the exactly what is wrong with your computer.