Thread: Error:Fatal error during installation of HP Printer 'Multimedia' is not a valid short file

Error:Fatal error during installation of HP Printer 'Multimedia' is not a valid short file

Hello to all. Stuck up in an issue, hence thought to ask out experienced users here. My system is a :XP Professional SP3. I have 1.54 Ghz 1.46 Giga Bytes Random access memory. I am getting this error : Fatal error during installation of HP Printer 'Multimedia' is not a valid short file when I try to install a HP D1420 Deskjet printer. What should I do friends now? Any help is indeed appreciated on a very high note. Thanks in advance.

Re: Error:Fatal error during installation of HP Printer 'Multimedia' is not a valid short file

Hello buddy. I am fine and doing well. I would like to bring to your notice that you will be required an installation CD for solving the issue. After having the CD you will be required to browse that CD and follow it up by going to the set up folder and come across the file which will be named as dj_sf_software. Once you will locate that file, you will be required to double click on it and things will be fine for you. I hope you like my post and follow what I have mentioned you.

Re: Error:Fatal error during installation of HP Printer 'Multimedia' is not a valid short file

Hey it is not mandatory to have a installation CD to resolve the issue. If you are having it then it is well and good, in case you do not then you will be required to download the driver from the official hp website and then you will have to double click on the file in order to install it. Simple internet searching and you will be able to find it. It is not at all a big deal. I have no hassles that this will enlighten your knowledge in case you do not have a CD.

Hey it is indeed suggested to download for your device in order to supply fundamental functionality. In case you wish to download the complete feature functionality, it will take account of superior imaging characteristics in addition to product functionality for your device to go back and decide on "Full Feature Software and Drivers". On a whole, it comprises efficient essential functionality software. Also, just keep in mind that there are no supplementary rudiments necessary.

Guys, thanks a lot for such wonderful replies. I am completely blown away. To be very honest, I did not anticipate such quick replies. I am pleased that I did not have any second thoughts before posting a thread here. Unfortunately, I did not have the CD and I was easily able to find the download stuff. The additional information helped me also. I really thank you all once again and glad to say that things are fine for me.